Loss of power, new injectors.

Garrett Ross

TDI
2000 jetta
I own a 2000 jetta, 5 speed. It has a straight piped exhaust, EGR delete. Well after reading about upgraded nozzles I decided to take the plunge and buy some. I bought .216 nozzles anx and ready for this insane amount of horse power they would add over the stock. Well I installed a boost gauge and watch the readings on the stock nozzles and they were putting out at about red line 22pnds of boost. Well with the new injectors installed the car is running like complete crap. At about 4k the car makes 15 pnds of boost max and then at red line loses power and boost slowly goes down. The car makes no smoke at all. I've tried adjusting the IQ and I've tried doing the hammer mod. Nothing changes. The fuel filter was changed about 1k miles ago. Everything worked great with the old nozzles installed. Now with the new it seems like it has was less power. Car also has no check engine lights according to VAGS. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:

Garrett Ross

TDI
2000 jetta
No, I bought new nozzles from a good buddy of mine that wrecked his car. They were still new in the containers. He claimed they were already pop tested and ready for a swap. Sorry for the confusion

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
If they were just nozzles then they were not pop tested.
They need to be installed on the injector bodies then adjusted to pop at the correct pressures.

Garrett Ross

TDI
2000 jetta
Ok, that would make sense. Thank you for that clarification. So would a pop test be necessary for them to run correctly? I guess what I mean is would they be running this bad not being pop tested?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Yes, espically if the nozzles are bigger, they will flow more. The springs are shimmed to a smaller hole than your running now.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Frank06 is a member on here.
Kermatdi is a member on here.
Drive by wire another member.
They do them , just not sure if they will take your nozzles and install them...... It's a warranty issue .

You can google for a diesel injection shop in your area and talk to them if they can pop test ,clean and install your nozzles.

I'm sure others have probably more recommendations .

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sorry
It's franko6 That's an o not a zero.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Perhaps Bosio? But, with the way the Chinese like to use names similar to big-name products it could be Bosario.

Send the nozzles and injectors off to be done properly. If the nozzles are some cheap knock-off junk you're going to, bottom line, need to replace them- anywhere you send these off to will be able to tell you: or, you can open up one of your injectors and take a look (as long as you don't mar anything and keep pieces together it's not likely going to hurt)- but this won't necessarily gain you anything anyway (other than knowing sooner).

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Kerma nozzles are done by DBW. If they are chinese nozzles you may also sadly have chinese bodys. At which point they cant even be used as a core because nobody will touch them.