adblue ??

Lm2lg

TDI
2011 Touareg
Hey guys I tried looking this up but not much luck... I went to NAPA to get some adblue for my treg but they only had this stuff called blue sky... it was a lot cheaper then going to the dealer to get it . It states that it does meets ISO 22241 requirements. is this safe to use?? What do most of you guys use?? I looked in the owners man and it states only to use DEF that meets ISO 22241-1... What is the -1 mean any difference between the two?
Thanks

grohgreg

TDI
2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
The NAPA stuff is just fine, DEF is DEF. Probably the same stuff every parts store carries - including WalMart - only the packaging changes. Prices around here are running about $12 for a 2.5 gallon container. But isn't AdBlue service covered under your Carefree Maintenance? Mine has been (so far).

//greg//

Lm2lg

TDI
2011 Touareg
cool thanks for the info... its $19 here for 2.5 gal. and I dont know if it is covered under the carefree maintenance. i just add it myself. dont need the wife to use it and the red DEF light to come one and have her get stuck somewhere.

VW/Porsche Fahrer

TDI
2012 Touareg Sport with Nav.
The urea is included in the maintainenece for 3/30. Just make sure they fill the tank up or you will be back soon for a re-fill. If you want to buy a generic urea it is OK as they all meet the ISO standard. I would still get the small bottle from VW as it has the special fitting on the opening to work with the opening in the tank. Simply cut off the bottom of the empty bottle. You can then hook it into the tank and use it as a funnel for another brand non the next fill. After filling make sure you turn the ignition on for 30 seconds without starting the vehicle. This is how the computor knows you filled up the tank.