best mechanic/ shop for exhaust work Southern Ontario??/APOLOGY

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Hello everybody, just wanted to start this one off with an apology to anybody i've upset or was rude to in the past. I won't be so immature or "rushed" with my questions/responses anymore and if i have something needing urgent replies ill use the red triangle not CAPS:D

So i got the car build almost done and i am in need of a 2.5" ID stainless steel exhaust preferably using the most durable stainless grade for exhaust 403.
-- at the end of the day stainless is stainless whether it be 402/403/409 for a simple car exhaust.

1st shop ) i've contacted ZORO in hamilton, the guy wanted $400-450 for just getting the tubing bent he wouldn't install it because of no CAT he didnt want to get fined if i got caught and told a cop who did the exhaust........
(i found 400/450 insane for just bending 6.5ft of pipe NOT including clamps even or installing it just bending!!! so hes out of the equation)

2nd Shop) affordable muffler on upper james ini hamilton is also a no go, he has poor reviews and ive been there before for a simple tailpipe job and he butchered it/ exhaust leaks out the Wazu.

3rd Shop) i found a shop in hagersville for $400 all In welded and installed, but being a country shop im not to confident in the welding abilities , they probably don't have stainless welding rod to use with welding stainless pipe and within a year or 2 my welds will be rotted out and leaking fumes....

SO with that ive found a shop to sell me 6-7ft of 403 stainless pipe for around $110 anybody got any good shop within the hamilton or greater area that does good work?? whether i provide the pipe or they do the whole job themselves for under 400??

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I have 1 word for you....Buzzken.

try and find a used downpipe and catback if you want to keep the budget under $400

Last edited:

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
I googled that and its a shop down in the states ?? Is that what you were referring to wing??

And your saying 400 isnt bad then for 2.5" catback

ss04vv

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 382k & counting...
Buzzken is a local guy who sells out of a few distributers. Theres an option to pick the exhaust up from Toronto Ontario through the AArodriguez site I'm assuming you're on when you go to "shipping options" once you've selected what you want to buy. Just saw your thread about the upgraded turbo etc. I haven't followed all of your threads because frankly, they hurt my brain, but not sure if your replaced it out of want, need, or as some sort of preventative maintenance thing, but either way, be mindful of your tune. I saw you mentioning your friend was going to tune the car. If they don't know what they're doing theres going to be a "HELP I BLEW MY HEAD GASKET" thread coming really soon. Wouldn't hurt to look into a guy like mark Malone for the tune. Not sure on your clutch status but he offers clutch saver tunes which, as long as youre running stock-ish size tires and rims, will lead to a happy right foot, and not so slippy clutch. Either way, the search button and google are forever your friends.

Last edited:

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
Thanks ss04vv. Yes my friend tunes cars for a living so ill be ok its designed for factory setup and hes applied it to many cars no problem ls reported to date.

No need for little remarks about "future or past" threads and headaches you get or what not
im moving forward not being out of line with replies/ tone used and not using caps in posts. Thanks

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
I have 1 word for you....Buzzken.

try and find a used downpipe and catback if you want to keep the budget under $400
I sent a pm and a email to him thanks for the info looks like they use quality 409 stainless and quality cats

Thanks man

deathtrap

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 1992 Golf GL = Future ALH candidate
hey man i dont know if i'm late to the party on this but send doman8 performance tuning a message on Facebook and tell the owner Christian that JC sent you. He can get buzzken parts for you made to order.

He also does tunes and has a dyno now by appointment. My uncle and I use his tuning. Hope this helps.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
I met with buzzken and he got me an exhaust .
2.5" turbo back with 2 resonators. Everything went nicely until the center exhaust support. I couldnt make the 2 pieces of pipe fit together and fit them in the rubber mounts. So i had to cut the pipe back 1/4" to allow the supports to slide into the rubber mounts properly. But it is still a very nice system minus that hiccup

deathtrap

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 1992 Golf GL = Future ALH candidate
I met with buzzken and he got me an exhaust .
2.5" turbo back with 2 resonators. Everything went nicely until the center exhaust support. I couldnt make the 2 pieces of pipe fit together and fit them in the rubber mounts. So i had to cut the pipe back 1/4" to allow the supports to slide into the rubber mounts properly. But it is still a very nice system minus that hiccup
Is it significantly louder than OEM? I just want to keep my wagon quiet and not stinky--I am thinking maybe stock is best.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Is it significantly louder than OEM? I just want to keep my wagon quiet and not stinky--I am thinking maybe stock is best.
I think everyone has a different threshold for noise.

Many years ago I removed the muffler from my 2002 Jetta as did many others. It was called a " mufflerectomy "!
While there was no noticible noise on the outside, the lack of the muffler caused some horrible droning inside the car from a stand still to cruising speed. But even then at cruising speed rear passengers complained about the annoying droning noise still being there.

I fixed this droning by installing a straight through muffler.

A.D.TDI

TDI
2011 golf tdi
Hey all, I was inquiring about the same thing. I wanna go with RAWTEC full turboback and malone stage 2 tune. I have been looking for used parts here in ontario and couldn't find any. Does anyone have any leads as to where I could get this done and where i could possible find a used downpipe?

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
Wouldn't hurt to look into a guy like mark Malone for the tune. Not sure on your clutch status but he offers clutch saver tunes which, as long as youre running stock-ish size tires and rims, will lead to a happy right foot, and not so slippy clutch.
+1 for Mark Malone's tunes. Mark and Owain are great people. Very nice to deal with. They are quite busy lately but definitely worth the wait.

I too will be ordering my Stage2 tune for now and Stage3 tune for future upgrades (CR170 and Downpipe w deletes)

Researching buzzken now.

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
the exhaust has performed well. sounds good, nice turbo sounds.
downside is it has a slight vibration in sharp corners, idk what is causing the sound but it only last a few seconds and is gone, only thing new is the exhaust so i know that's the cause of the vibes. i believe its because of the center pipe joints that rest on the hangers (as i mentioned earlier they didn't mate properly so i had to do some custom cutting.
it has next to no "loud" exhaust note. maybe that's because of the 2 resos.... the welds on the resos are starting to rust already that's disappointing, the 409 stainless tubing looks amazing no rust, BUT the resos he doesn't make himself i believe ,buzzken orders them from a supplier as they are not stainless NO WAY because there rusting after 3 weeks, maybe galvanized but def not stainless resos.
if i could do it again id just do straight pipe whole way