OBDII Port Lock

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I am not getting the "fix" done on my vehicle, but I also purchased an extended warranty back in 2015. While the guys who have done warranty service on my TDI are great, mistakes can happen. Anyway, a company I do business with for my Cummins pickup (www.bem-auto) has announced they're working on an OBDII port lock. It's in production from what I hear and should be on their website in a couple weeks.

They got me an advanced unfinished unit to try out in my TDI. It's nice because it works on the same key as the locking cap on my diesel filler for the Ram truck and on the locking fuel cap test sample for my TDI.

I'm told that they're supposed to be anodized black and then laser etched once production is finished.

I thought folks who are in the same boat as me that don't want to lose the ability to choose a buyback in the end and get their service done at the dealership may wish to have the option of locking up the OBD port. I guess if a guy has his vehicle tuned and still uses the dealer for service, this may prevent mishaps with losing the tune.

Sad Panda

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SE TDI
I would just unpin pin 6 or 14 and stuff the wire in the loom, any tech with a pocket screwdriver would just push the plastic tab in and that lock will slide off like any other connector. You would probably be better off with one of These to clear up any confusion.