It's official

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Re: It\'s official

The web site incessantly refers the surfer to "consult with a dealer" when trying to get prices, specs, etc. So, being the smarta$$ that I am, I went to a local dealer and asked. The salesman, to his credit, actually had heard of the Sprinter van. But he sadly had no information at all.

Time will tell, I suppose.

snoopy

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, Cyber green

FYI...The Dodge version of the Sprinter will not be available until March to Dodge dealers. Dodge Sales Consultants have not been trained on it yet so that is probably why they couldn't answer any questions on it.

Also, the Sprinter is still and will remain available through Freightliner dealerships.

FATCAT

Veteran Member

I saw the new "Sprinter" today on my way to work. It was a FedEx truck, but, it had the Freightliner badge on it.

When I was at a certin diesel performance shop in southern NH last week, the owner has spoken with a few people he know from Freightliner about the new Damiler/Chrysler product. He said that the new van is amazing, very quiet, ecomonical, comfortable ... but the only drawback is that since it is so quiet, the Freightliner dealer in the area has been fixing one a week due to the drivers puting gasoline in the van instead of diesel.

This new van will be a MAJOR winner, and Freightliner can't keep them in stock ... all have been ordered and delivered ASAP.