2015 Passat Wont Start

Blackhawk_411

TDI
2015 Passat
Hello, I have a 2015 Passat TDI that had a strange occurrence. The wife drove the car to the store and when she returned the car would not start. She says the message "key not close" was showing on the dash when she tried to start, in addition all the normal lights were illuminated. The car would not turn over it just made one click and nothing after. When I arrived the "key not close" message would not illuminate but the rest of the lights were showing, tried to boost it thinking it was possibly a battery no joy. Had it towed to the garage where the same occured. Car sat over the weekend and on Monday morning the car started with no issue, and was started multiple time with no issue. The temperature outside at the time of the occurrence was 30C or around 85-90F. Has anybody experienced the same??

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Start with key batteries, my beetle had a dead battery in the spare key, it opened the car door, but that was it. My brother tried starting the car several times, then i tried with my key and still wouldn’t start. I was about to have the car towed when i got it to start with my key about an hour later. Replaced the key battery, problem solved. I replace key batteries every 9-12 months, the beetle hatch quits opening when the battery gets weak. My passat goes from working fine to not opening the door with no warning.

Blackhawk_411

TDI
2015 Passat
So it happened again, randomly happening, same thing, outside temp high above 30C or 90F and it just clicks when trying to start. No FOB message this time but changed the batteries in both keys no luck. I also completely disconnected the battery for a couple hours reconnected same result, one or three clicks when you hit the start button.
Any other ideas out there?

Blackhawk_411

TDI
2015 Passat
Not sure it could be original but the indicator does not indicate bad and a mechanic checked it and it checked out good.................but>.................

two passat man

TDI
2013 passat black on black
same thing

I have run into same issue. A few months back had issues and the crank sensor was bad. This time car died when down shifting and climbing a hill. Fuel pump did not fail, looking at fuel pressure sensor as problem now. I'll let you know what find out.