TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I got 56.39 MPG on the way there, including all the crazy driving around the area to and from K2K. That also included an hour long stop-n-go period outside Indy :rolleyes:.

Return tank was only 52.21 MPGs.... I hit a LOT of rain in Ohio, was even in 4th gear for a bit during some downpours on that tank.

My Golf kicks ass.... :D

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
And he was my client!

Corey and I were talking on the way home about the absence of MKVI Jetta sedans. I saw one white one in the parking lot and that was it. I think it bears out the hypothesis that new Jetta sedans are not purchased as often by VW die-hards.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Corey and I were talking on the way home about the absence of MKVI Jetta sedans. I saw one white one in the parking lot and that was it. I think it bears out the hypothesis that new Jetta sedans are not purchased as often by VW die-hards.
Ya, that white MKVI was The Ripsters' (lead TDIfest 2002 organizer), who had to leave earlier than planned. As far as I'm aware of that was the only MkVI this time around. I was suprised at the number of new Passats.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
The CB helped me steer clear of the accident - glad I have it. I also used Waze to reroute me and got updates from car54 who was stuck in the backup for 3 hours before being turned around and redirected.

The trip home yielded 48.7 MPG on the MFI, which will probably translate to 46 MPG pencil and paper. :cool:

It's also pretty shocking that I probably would have won the best MPG award had I taken my time getting to Fest. I decided to go quickly rather than efficiently because I figured someone would have gotten in the high 50s. :eek:
Glad you missed it. Talking to my sister at supper last night and I think I know what accident you missed. On her way home Tuesday from work she passed a tandem FedEx truck that had flipped on the sharp curves between Amaranth and Warfordsburg. She said the cab was in the median with a trailer blocking each of the lanes on EB 70. Just after she went buy (about 6pm) she passed 3 Tractor-Trailer tow trucks headed towards the accident.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yep - that's the one. The truckers were talking about a double trailer and another vehicle (car, presumably) going off the side. :eek: No deaths that I heard about - just a lot of cleanup to do.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
The trip home yielded 48.7 MPG on the MFI, which will probably translate to 46 MPG pencil and paper.
I've been tracking my mileage since new in my Golf (~42k) and also on my old '09 (another ~40k). The difference between the MFA and hand calculated MPGs is usually +/-1mpg, which I can live with. I fill slowly till the nozzles clicks off then trickle fill to the brim.

On the way to Michigan i was getting low 40s whih I attributed to crappy fuel. The return trip I filled up at a BP station and was getting 47ish when I got to Annapolis.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Where are the pictures? Especially all the new Passat's?