ECU Pinout for BHW?

eyebeatbadgers

TDI
04 Golf 90 BHW Jeep Wrangler
Long time lurker, first time poster. Finally landed a nice donor car, 2004 Passat. ALH would have been easier, but where's the fun in that? ALH pinout in a sticky, BEW pinout in an excel spreadsheet, but nothing for the BHW?

I've searched high and low, just can't find it. Anyone out there with a link or pdf they can share?

If not, would a Bentley or Haynes have what I'm looking for?

NMDieselExplorer

TDI
B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon 6 speed ELN conversion
Bentley wiring diagrams have all of the circuits for the ECU in detail.

What are you using the Passat's BHW as a donor for?

eyebeatbadgers

TDI
Thank you. The BHW will be going into my 90 wrangler, currently powered by a carbureted 4.2 with ax-15 trans. Getting all my ducks in a row currently, car runs pretty well, running pretty rich but otherwise idles and revs fine. Should be a fairly easy swap once I've got the engine running outside the car. The Jeep is a dinosaur, no other electronics to worry about.

NMDieselExplorer

TDI
Cool project idea for sure. Wouldn't mind doing this myself. What adapter will you be using to mount the transmission to the block?

I can probably send you a pdf of the BHW ECU wiring. It might not everything on it considering there is a great deal of CAN BUS communication with other modules but it will give you an idea of what is essential for the engine. Are you going to use the electronic gas pedal with the engine?

NMDieselExplorer

TDI
I sent you a pdf of the BHW wiring diagram to your listed email account. I just did a 2001 Audi Allroad BHW swap and couldn't find anyone on here willing or able to share any wiring diagram info so I went ahead and paid the $120 to Bentley for the electronic repair manual license. Hope it helps.

eyebeatbadgers

TDI
I got the email, thanks so much for helping out!

I will be using the fuel pedal from the car, I'll just make a bracket for it to mount it in the Jeep. My last project was a drive-by-wire 5.3 LS motor in a 98 Jeep Cherokee, and I just used a Tahoe pedal and bolted the assembly to the jeep firewall. Seems like the easiest way to do it.

I'll be using the gastodiesel tdiconversions adapter I suppose, I'm not aware of another one out there for the 1.9/2.0 bolt pattern to the Jeep Ax-15. I know making my own would take me countless hours, and possibly several revisions. I'd much rather just mate the two together and focus on getting the wiring right, intake piping neat, etc.

I've read through your swap, very cool project that influenced me to pull the trigger on a BHW. I figured if you can tackle something as complicated as that, putting that engine in something about as complex as a Model-T should be a breeze.

klach

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI, 2005 VW Passat 2.0 TDI
Wondering if someone could also hook me up with the BHW pinout and also a BRM pin out.