2000 Eurovan 1z SYNCRO Swap

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though

IT WAS THIS GUY!

njt1rider

Veteran Member
TDI
T1N
not to be judgmental but he looks like a guy that would cut ECUs out of cars in the junkyard...

Is this legit...is that the same TDI in the springs lot? pretty funny. Ended up getting our ECU off of ebay

iwannajettatdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Brilliant Black Audi Q5 3.0TDI, 2014 Tempest Blue metallic Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2002 Blue Eurovan Weekender BHW TDI
I'm currently running an 02d syncro 5 speed box mated to a BHW TDI in my 02, but I'm going to take things apart and swap in a newer 6 speed from a T5/6 that I have over the winter. The T4 inner cv joints actually fit on the stub axles of the 0a5 gearbox that I have. If you guys are interested in a factory rebuilt 02d syncro box email/message me on here because I wont need it once it's out. Also, I love what is happening in the Cavevan shop, you guys are doing good work.

njt1rider

Veteran Member
TDI
T1N
iwannajettatdi: Sent you a PM

Got a response from Frans! Compiling a final list of parts for an order :D

-Solved the CV axle question. The ends pop right off and you can swap them. We have 3 ABS ends so just need to source one more. May have found one on thesamba

-Took a second look at the MAF and thought hmmm they look very similar why don't I just bolt it in? Well the 1z MAF is of a smaller diameter and is not a simple bolt in swap. Have the question in with Frans whether the 2.5 TDI MAF bolts right in with the proper 6 pin plug or what I need to do to swap. We are wanting to source OEM parts instead of fabricating where possible so we will see what he says.

VR6 MAF

1Z MAF

1Z MAF lined up with VR6 airbox

njt1rider

Veteran Member
TDI
T1N
Got a big shipment in...and sending the injectors off for nozzles and balance. Expect a big update soon :D

Frans where are you!?!?! We need your heady Euro connect!

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Well, I pulled that photo from UPUP CO Springs website and it was the only AHU in there. So it may have been that guy!