What did you pay for your 'fixed' CPO TDi

Webbie1

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE Manual
Got my 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual for $12,900 with 41k on it. It's a CPO vehicle, so it came with the 2 year, unlimited mile bumper to bumper warranty, also. I LOVE it!

Warner

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
2012 Candy White Golf 4Dr 55K with DSG, Tech package, Nav, sunroof, full tint and OEM extended wing. $9700

Last edited:

Alcohol

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I bought my 2015 TDI SE w/ 42000 miles for $8500 in Fairview Hgts Illinois 6 months ago,,,they have about 35 TDI's on lot at all times for sale,,Mine came with an additional 100,thousand drive train and engine wrty

Webbie1

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE Manual
I bought my 2015 TDI SE w/ 42000 miles for $8500 in Fairview Hgts Illinois 6 months ago,,,they have about 35 TDI's on lot at all times for sale,,Mine came with an additional 100,thousand drive train and engine wrty
Was it a CPO vehicle? Certified Pre Owned? If so, it should include a 2 year, unlimited mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Warner

Clawdog60

TDI
12 jetta sport wagen
re-smogged 2012

9700 50K miles OTD; maintenance records and complaint/repair orders in hand.:)
Not CPO though.

Last edited:
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
Just purchased a week ago. $11.3k before tax + fees. CPO
2015 Golf TDI S 55k miles Base, manual. Includes the 2 year unlimited mile warranty. Would've been an additional $2200 to tack on 2 years. I can add it for a month.

Two hours after purchase I got a check engine light with the P20E8 code, then discovered the flap inside the fuel filler was broken, preventing me from filling it up. New DEF line and diesel tank I finally have it back. I can still extend the warranty, think I should?

CJM_RVA

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Just got mine a little over a week ago as well. 2013 Sportwagen, 64k, DSG, sunroof, one owner CPO. 9650 before tax/fees. Bought it in the Washington DC suburbs because the prices and selection were much better than in my home market of Richmond - - got exactly the color combo and options that I wanted. Love it so far!

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Just purchased a week ago. $11.3k before tax + fees. CPO
2015 Golf TDI S 55k miles Base, manual. Includes the 2 year unlimited mile warranty. Would've been an additional $2200 to tack on 2 years. I can add it for a month.

Two hours after purchase I got a check engine light with the P20E8 code, then discovered the flap inside the fuel filler was broken, preventing me from filling it up. New DEF line and diesel tank I finally have it back. I can still extend the warranty, think I should?

I wouldn’t. Just my opinion.

duteman2

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 GOLF, '04 Passat Wagon, 5-speed, BSD, our 8th. and 9th. TDI's
Bought a 2011 Wagon in blue metallic and cornsilk, w pano roof, 6M, nav, for $8,400. 63,000 miles. Not a perfect car, no car fax but evidence of a nose repair... Perhaps a non-reported fender bender, but, I thought it was priced right at the time. Coulda-shoulda held out, but it was "just like the one I sold back to VW". A somewhat emotional buy! We got $42,000 back for two cars, thought we did OK.

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
I'm going to look at a '15 GSW 6MT with 15k miles tomorrow. It's at an indie dealer but he says it is still covered under VW manufacturers warranty. He was asking $9999, I talked him down to $9000 sight unseen. If the pictures I've seen/his discription are accurate, and carfax comes back clean I'll be buying it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
It is. I've looked at a few other tdi cars at a few vw dealerships. Most were older, have way more miles, and the dealers were extremely unwilling to negotiate on price even after i pointed out flaws or defects that I don't really care about but should affect value. Those cars have also been on the lots for a month or more. So when I found this I immediately contacted the seller even though it seemed like a too good to be true craigslist ad. Everything seemed to be checking out from my end but will reserve judgment until I see the car in person and get the carfax report as I am too cheap to pay for it myself.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I'm going to look at a '15 GSW 6MT with 15k miles tomorrow. It's at an indie dealer but he says it is still covered under VW manufacturers warranty. He was asking $9999, I talked him down to $9000 sight unseen. If the pictures I've seen/his discription are accurate, and carfax comes back clean I'll be buying it.

I'll be shocked if that car has a clean title. Good luck.

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
I'll be shocked if that car has a clean title. Good luck.
I checked the vin at vincheck.info. don't know how reliable that is but it comes back clean and is 1 owner. No accidents reported. Miles matched up on the site to check for the "fix".the only issue I saw was some curb rash on the driver side chin spoiler with a missing trim piece. Like someone pulled into a parking spot too far with a high curb in front. If that's the only major issue I'm ok with it. I can get it fixed reasonably cheap by a family friend that owns a body shop.

Edit: after digging further, it is a salvage rebuilt title. Guess there goes that deal...

Last edited:

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I just bought a ‘15 Golf SEL DSG over the weekend with 37k for $15,500.

Really wanted a GSW or 6MT but they’re worth about 5k more in WI.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I just bought a ‘15 Golf SEL DSG over the weekend with 37k for $15,500.
Really wanted a GSW or 6MT but they’re worth about 5k more in WI.
I'm curious does it have lighting package, forward collision warning and park assist? I'm in the process of selling my 15 Golf SEL. Thanks and congrats on the new car.

GoThingNC

TDI
2011 JSW-Toffee Brown
Picked up a CPO 2012 UG Golf in June
DSG
Sunroof
NAV
Has all the manuals and service history.
43,000 miles

On 5/31 dealer replaced the tires, flushed the brake fluid, oil change, DSG service, air filter and the pollen filter.

Car was one owner and per the Carfax, always serviced at my local dealer and is in mint condition.

Paid 11.5K

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I'm curious does it have lighting package, forward collision warning and park assist? I'm in the process of selling my 15 Golf SEL. Thanks and congrats on the new car.

I’m not sure about lighting package honestly - I’d have to look at the sticker. No collision warning nor parking assist. Also needs tires in the next 10k miles or so.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I’m not sure about lighting package honestly - I’d have to look at the sticker. No collision warning nor parking assist. Also needs tires in the next 10k miles or so.
Thanks for the info. Enjoy the new car.

dbryant61

TDI
2014 Passat SE
1 month on a 2014 Passat SE. 40k miles, $13k (listed at $14.7k) with CPO (2yrs, bumper to bumper, no mileage limitation). $14.3k out the door. Struggling with repeated CEL's indicating EGR cooler issues.

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf

If it matters anymore, yes I do have the lighting package. Also automatic wipers (not sure if that’s a standard for SEL).

yoeddy

TDI
none yet
I just test drove one and am real interested in buying a CPO Sportwagen. However I don't really want to buy until spring. The local sales guy said he doesn't think that there will be any of these deals left in the spring (Mar 2020). What do you guys think? I am looking for only manual wagons so I am already limiting myself.

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
I got mine last week, CPO 2015 Jetta SEL 6MT with all options except the wipers. 68k miles $12k OTD. few dings and scrapes especially on the wheels but overall it's in good shape. Plan to get a better set of wheels and use these ones for winter tires. I'll be fixing the cosmetic stuff over time.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I just test drove one and am real interested in buying a CPO Sportwagen. However I don't really want to buy until spring. The local sales guy said he doesn't think that there will be any of these deals left in the spring (Mar 2020). What do you guys think? I am looking for only manual wagons so I am already limiting myself.
I think your sales guy is right. You may find one, but doubtful one that's CPO. And manuals are hard to find, regardless.

jdyno718

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE Manual
Last October I managed to pick up an UNfixed 2012 Passat se Manual trans. had 125k for 8.5k. A little more than I had hopped, but with never finding an unfixed one again I had to jump on it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
All manual transmission Passats except for the '15s are unfixed, as there is no approved fix for them.

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I got mine last week, CPO 2015 Jetta SEL 6MT with all options except the wipers. 68k miles $12k OTD. few dings and scrapes especially on the wheels but overall it's in good shape. Plan to get a better set of wheels and use these ones for winter tires. I'll be fixing the cosmetic stuff over time.

You suck. I couldn’t for the life of me find a 2015 manual SEL (Golf nor Jetta, Sportwagens included) for under 20k in Wisconsin. I had been looking on and off for the last year, but was in college. Even if I had, I was not in a financial state to buy one. I’m still looking, and would consider selling my DSG if I came across one. I really miss the manual trans (and power) of my ALH.