Ebay VW diesel car prices being manipulated by 1 guy

Jesse_James

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL DSG
One guy is driving up the prices of diesel or trying to manipulate the prices. Go on to Ebay and check out the most current highest bidder on almost all the VW diesels. The name starts with a letter of the alphabet, then three "***" astericks and then another letter. This guy is bidding on almost all the diesel using various formats of the same Ebay ID.

Jesse
2000 VW Jetta TDI
1998 Mercedes E300 TD

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Jesse, are you sure about that? I think that naming strategy is something recently implemented by eBay to hide the bidders ID. I've seen that in a bunch of auctions.

JohnBennett

TDI
n/a
Jesse_James said:
The name starts with a letter of the alphabet, then three "***" astericks and then another letter.
I saw that while looking at who bid $17,000 for Stephen Colbert's wrist cast.

It's Ebay's way of hiding the bidder's handle.

catmandoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta gls tdi,91 2dr jetta gl n/a diesel
yeah if the bidding goes over like 200 bucks your user id changes to that.

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
I know why they did this. I won an auction a while back, then got a very nasty email from someone I outbid.

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
Jetta SS said:
I know why they did this. I won an auction a while back, then got a very nasty email from someone I outbid.
HA HA HA, did you give them the old "nanny, nanny boo boo"?

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Ebay did this due to second hand offers by people watchin ebay acutions.
I sold a set of Audi recaros for 5 grand and then got an email from the first bidder who received a second chance offer notification with payment instructions to wire the $890 he bid to some place in the UK.

For quite awhile evertime I sold an item worth more than 400 bucks, I'd get a plethora of emails from bidders wondering what the deal was with this western union office in the UK.

Apparently that has cost alot of people alot of money.