Advice on pricing on used 2013 Beetle TDI

MiguelATF

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Found a low mileage 2013 Beetle TDI whose owner has taken very good care of it. It's one of the few used newer Beetle TDI's I've seen around. This is the 'base' model with no additional bells & whistles. Just wondering if anyone has any experience - or ideas - what a fair or reasonable or good price would be for a used one?

Would appreciate any advice or opinions.

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
I'd think you'd have to pay enough for a 2013 beetle that you'd probably be better off buying new, given the beneficial financing terms you get with new compared to used.

MiguelATF

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I'd think you'd have to pay enough for a 2013 beetle that you'd probably be better off buying new, given the beneficial financing terms you get with new compared to used.
Not sure about that.

There seem to be a number of used 2013 TDI's somewhere around $17K give or take - whereas a 'new' 2015 TDI is somewhere between $26K and $28K out the door. That's a substantial difference, for me.

Financing terms are obviously another question however....

79_Limited

TDI
2003 Jetta
I sold mine last month for $18k with 20,000 miles. However with this VW debacle you might be able to get one for half that now.

Also be sure to read up on the HPFP issue. It is real. I kept an extended warranty on mine.

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
KBB hasn't had time to react. I'd negotiate hard if you're buying a TDI today. It's definitely a buyer's market.

Random_Vibration

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI (6MT, LP, Driver Assist)
Demand on the Beetle has been weak, TDI or Gas. That being said, it is unclear if values are lower due to the scandal or will go higher due to the delayed 2016 or speculation that VW may duck out of the diesel market. You're buying at a confused time and you may be able to drive a bargain for yourself. As far as pricing, I don't know what to suggest.