14 Golf KS3 turbo upgrade

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
I am looking toward upgrading to the Kerma KS3 turbo with Kerma’s FMIC and intake.

I’m curious to see if anyone else has done the upgrade and if you changed any of the exhaust components, EGR/DPF delete, etc.

The KS3 does not require exhaust components change but I want to see if anyone here has done that as well.

Thanks!
The Golf is a DSG that is already tuned.

adrian537

TDI
2014 vw jetta sportwagen tdi
I am looking toward upgrading to the Kerma KS3 turbo with Kerma’s FMIC and intake.

I’m curious to see if anyone else has done the upgrade and if you changed any of the exhaust components, EGR/DPF delete, etc.

The KS3 does not require exhaust components change but I want to see if anyone here has done that as well.

Thanks!

I'm curious about the same thing. i'm thinking of getting the Kerma KS3 turbo. i think labor price is expensive to change the turbo

iModAMD

TDI
Jetta TDI 2011
Thanks!
For the price the turbo is selling , I would go bigger . www.mecevo.com are selling big turbos for around the same price (canadian monopoly money so converted it's really cheap) . I went from a CR170 Turbo to a GTB2060VKLR 6+6 MFS and it's night and day on how the car pulls ! Full boost is at 2900RPM at 36PSI. You can pick up a GTD1756VRK wich will go to full boost at around 2200rpm at 30 PSI on a CR . For the price you can't go wrong ! Only thing that you will need to do is make yourself a custom intake .

mercdude

TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6SPD
I'm curious about the same thing. i'm thinking of getting the Kerma KS3 turbo. i think labor price is expensive to change the turbo
I really wanted to do this too because I'm used to bigger/upgraded turbos on gasser's. This was supposed to be my next upgrade to CR. Talked with Kerma about it - the ks3 upgrade really only helps with EGT and extending the powerband. It does not change the peak HP/TQ. So... eh?

adrian537

TDI
2014 vw jetta sportwagen tdi
the Garrett Turbo GTD1756VRK With 7+7 Billet Wheel sounds really nice but i would like to keep my emissions intact since i live in los angeles. i wonder if anyone ran such a turbo with stock intake? or made it work without a downpipe?