2015 Golf Malone Stage 2. DPF/EGR Delete with straight pipe

workcar

TDI
2003 JSW 5-speed, Custom 2" reciever
I don't get it!
Why spend $2000 to undo all the work the engineers did to make the car more quiet, cleaner and more efficient, plus to void factory warranty on a new vehicle.
NOt to mention it is illegal to temper with emission system. A zealous cop can impound your vehicle.

Also...From your video- you are revving the piss out of it, 4000+ RPM, which does not squeeze more power out of this diesel.
First off, this isn't for everybody, however the OP could make the argument that the car is better now for the small fee of only $2,000. Better being a relative word. In fact, some of the engineers who built this car may very well believe that the O.P. is making the car better. However, they are not allowed to tune in such a way to get optimal power and efficiency, that is a misconception. They are asked to tune the car to squeak by tight emissions requirements and then from there work on the power and efficiency. If you remove the emissions requirements, you are free to explore the possibility of actually increasing both power and efficiency. That is what the O.P. is doing. Also as a benefit, he is eliminating systems which can not break in the future since they are deleted. So his car is more simple and I look at that as a good thing.

Those are my 2 cents.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I don't get it!
Why spend $2000 to undo all the work the engineers did to make the car more quiet, cleaner and more efficient, plus to void factory warranty on a new vehicle.
NOt to mention it is illegal to temper with emission system. A zealous cop can impound your vehicle.

Also...From your video- you are revving the piss out of it, 4000+ RPM, which does not squeeze more power out of this diesel.
Can you expand on how a catalytic converter and a DPF make any care more efficient?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
How is the clutch/dmf after the tune? No slippage or shuddering under full boost and high gear? Will be looking to get our '15 tuned, but it's the wife's daily driver and would not want to mess with upgrading a clutch on a brand new car!

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
How is the clutch/dmf after the tune? No slippage or shuddering under full boost and high gear? Will be looking to get our '15 tuned, but it's the wife's daily driver and would not want to mess with upgrading a clutch on a brand new car!
Just started getting dmf shuddering in 5th/6th gear if I slam it to the floor around 2k rpm...

Last edited:

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I don't get it!

I won't speak for anyone else, but there are two reasons why I'd do it. It will increase fuel efficiency as you will no longer inject extra fuel to burn out the DPF. More importantly, it would allow me to fuel with B100, which is environmentally sustainable and reduces big energy influence.

whesselton

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SportWagen SE
Since you removed the DPF/EGR and blocked-off the add-blue injector, are you going to remove the add-blue tank and torsion bar as well and install an IRS setup? That's my plan. I just got Malone Stage 2 on my 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG. The torque is amazing... with all of this stuff (DPF/EGR etc., etc.) still on. Can't wait to take it off and really stretch her legs.

UncleRusty

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S, Manual
This here is awesome! I've been wanting to do this here since I bought my TDI, to turn it into a superfast, and super-high MPG rocket, while getting rid of all the EPA BS that's installed on the car from the factory.

It sounds like you'll need to be getting a new clutch/flywheel to support the extra power, but I'd think once you take care of that the car should be golden for a daily driver. I'd love to purchase one of these kits once it's out of beta. Did you do the install yourself, or did they take care of it?

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
This here is awesome! I've been wanting to do this here since I bought my TDI, to turn it into a superfast, and super-high MPG rocket, while getting rid of all the EPA BS that's installed on the car from the factory.
It sounds like you'll need to be getting a new clutch/flywheel to support the extra power, but I'd think once you take care of that the car should be golden for a daily driver. I'd love to purchase one of these kits once it's out of beta. Did you do the install yourself, or did they take care of it?
I got it installed by the guys at German Diesel Motorwerks in PA.
Yea I'm contemplating on the single mass flywheel upgrade but I'm not sure how much it costs yet..

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
UPDATE!!!
Many of you have asked what I paid for this. Since I was the beta test car for this I had a huge discount.
I recently asked Les how much he would charge full price for this same setup. He said for parts/tune/ and labor the total would be around $2600.00. I'm not sure how this whole VW Emissions scandal is going to affect our cars but it won't affect mine. :cool::cool::D

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
UPDATE!!!
Many of you have asked what I paid for this. Since I was the beta test car for this I had a huge discount.
I recently asked Les how much he would charge full price for this same setup. He said for parts/tune/ and labor the total would be around $2600.00. I'm not sure how this whole VW Emissions scandal is going to affect our cars but it won't affect mine. :cool::cool::D
F you and your awesome baddass tune :cool: ;) lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
I'm just curious and maybe I missed it. Did you empty the DEF fluid tank?

charley654

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW S DSG
UPDATE!!!
I'm not sure how this whole VW Emissions scandal is going to affect our cars but it won't affect mine. :cool::cool::D
NOt right at the minute, until.... or/if they make a federal mandate to have all effected TDIs (per vin number) ECU/PCM flashed by the dealer or the registration /plates won't renew...and states start to emission test diesels.

Sadly, what you are doing further tarnishes the TDI badge.

I am also guessing that Malone and other "tuners" soon be out of business if EPA focuses its attention on diesels.
Or maybe not, maybe diesel tuning will be big business- highlight of new job creating franchise.

Until then ... enjoy your car.
No hating, (was not on sale at Cosco)....but I would not want to be behind you in traffic smelling that raw diesel soot

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
NOt right at the minute, until.... or/if they make a federal mandate to have all effected TDIs (per vin number) ECU/PCM flashed by the dealer or the registration /plates won't renew...and states start to emission test diesels.

Sadly, what you are doing further tarnishes the TDI badge.

I am also guessing that Malone and other "tuners" soon be out of business if EPA focuses its attention on diesels.
Or maybe not, maybe diesel tuning will be big business- highlight of new job creating franchise.

Until then ... enjoy your car.
No hating, (was not on sale at Cosco)....but I would not want to be behind you in traffic smelling that raw diesel soot
Highly doubt that would happen. You have a better chance of Obama being re elected for a 3rd term before that would happen. You many variables per state dmvs. Federal mandates handed down to the state level tend to be pretty inneficient.

And not to start an e-argument, but please. I highly doubt anyone on this forum purchased their tdi for its clean emissions. If that was the primary concern for the buyer, most likely they/you would have gone for a hybrid or ev. Independent studies have shown this, highlighting the stark differences between hybrid/ev buyers vs that of diesel powered cars.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Highly doubt that would happen. You have a better chance of Obama being re elected for a 3rd term before that would happen. Too many variables per state dmvs. Federal mandates handed down to the state level tend to be pretty inneficient.

And not to start an e-argument, but please. I highly doubt anyone on this forum purchased their tdi for its clean emissions. If that was the primary concern for the buyer, most likely they/you would have gone for a hybrid or ev. Independent studies have shown this, highlighting the stark differences between hybrid/ev buyers vs that of diesel powered cars.

gnuworldorder

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
UPDATE!!!
how long did it take them to do this? this is pretty close to my parents place and depending on how this whole dieselgate thing goes i might be interested in it

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
how long did it take them to do this? this is pretty close to my parents place and depending on how this whole dieselgate thing goes i might be interested in it
It took longer because they had to design a new pipe and weed out all the codes that kept popping up. I'm guessing it would be a day or 2.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Highly doubt that would happen. You have a better chance of Obama being re elected for a 3rd term before that would happen. You many variables per state dmvs. Federal mandates handed down to the state level tend to be pretty inneficient.

Exactly^^ if they wanted a car with low emissions they should have purchased a Prius. Also, if I remember correctly, the smog rating on the 2015 was like a 5/10.. They are plenty more emissions efficient cars out there.

I would prefer people not post on this thread if they are just going to cry about emissions.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Exactly^^ if they wanted a car with low emissions they should have purchased a Prius. Also, if I remember correctly, the smog rating on the 2015 was like a 5/10.. They are plenty more emissions efficient cars out there.

I would prefer people not post on this thread if they are just going to cry about emissions.
Lol seriously. I have the unfortunate burden of having to work in NJ and reading some of these threads, almost in a way reminds me of hurricane Sandy fraudsters. The second they heard there was federal relief funds, everyone and their grandmother in this crap hole state claimed they had suffered damages. Lol. Just looking for a free lunch

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol seriously. I have the unfortunate burden of having to work in NJ and reading some of these threads, almost in a way reminds me of hurricane Sandy fraudsters. The second they heard there was federal relief funds, everyone and their grandmother in this crap hole state claimed they had suffered damages. Lol. Just looking for a free lunch

That's the problem with people today. Everyone wants everything handed to them. I'm only 20 years old so I don't wanna hear anyone say it's just the "younger generation".

gnuworldorder

TDI
2015 Golf TDI

i went to jersey city a week and a half after sandy for work and my clients building had 4' of water in the main lobby and my friend's car was under water so a lot of people definitely got their **** ruined

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
i went to jersey city a week and a half after sandy for work and my clients building had 4' of water in the main lobby and my friend's car was under water so a lot of people definitely got their **** ruined
First off, my congrats on making it in and out of that dump jc intact.

Second, I think you missed that I was talking about the fraudsters. Yea there were a quite a bit of folks that were affected, but there were a ton of fraudsters as well. It would be in the papers all the time about how someone was going to jail for defrauding the Sandy relief fund. Lol it was so bad that the state had billboards on rt80 by Hackensack, rt3 by Lyndhurst and 95 close to the gw reminding folks how it was a crime to commit insurance fraud.