Fuse 38 Keeps blowing

Dadycupcakes

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Ok, so about a year ago my electrical for the door locks, car alarm, and interior lights started going haywire. I was driving home one extremely rainy day got home parked and was getting ready to get out of the car when I noticed this strange electrical ticking sound coming from the dashboard/fuse area. It ticked about every 4-5 seconds. After a week or so the interior lights started flashing with the ticking sound, another couple weeks after that I noticed that when I tried to lock my doors with the key fob that the driver door wouldn't lock every time and I would have to lock and unlock the car a few times before the door locked. I've also noticed that I've been replacing headlights fairly often if that has anything to do with it, I've also got aftermarket headlights and taillights.

Anyways yesterday I got in my car and noticed the interior lights didn't turn on and my key-fob no longer locked or unlocked the car, so I went to check the fuse box and noticed fuse #38 was blown, so I thought no biggie and went to replace it. As soon as I put the fuse in it popped, tried it again and it popped. Anybody have any idea on what could be going on? I used a 15amp fuse which I believe is the correct one.

I'd greatly appreciate any input guys.

Also it's a MK4 2000 jetta tdi.

vorkat

TDI
AFN
Hi,

Do you find the solution?
I'm having the same trouble....my 2nd fuse melted badly...I had to disconnect the battery.

Thanks

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Is your car the same year / model?
Same fuse?
My notes: 38. Central locking system (with power windows), luggage compartment light, remote/fuel tank door, motor to unlock rear lid (15A).