2012 Passat Tire Rotation

03-246

TDI
Passat SEL Premium
I'd like to do a 5k tire rotation in between VW's 10k scheduled maintenance to prolonmg tire life. I looked under the car and see a body seam but no other real jacking points. Where's the best place to lift the car?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Ah, it's that new... It is the body seams, but apparently there are specific places to lift shown only in the manual. Hopefully you have done more than sit and wait for the manual. There is no honest reason for them to not give you the manual on delivery.

03-246

TDI
Passat SEL Premium
Acutally...had to get a VW corporate rep involved as the dealer has been jerking me around since I bought the car on 12/30....missing manual and missing cargo net. Glad I love the car...becuase the dealer is terrible. Once I bought the car I can't get him to return calls or emails...very bad for VW's corporate image. Is there any way anyone can possible scan and post an image of the jack points from their manual?

TDISEL

TDI
VW TDI SE Sunroof
I'm interested in this too. Are there some special jacking pads required for using a floor jack or is there a diagram of undercarriage points available? Maybe someone has access to a service manual.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
On my golf there are spots in the seams below the rocker panels that stick down a bit further and are clearly beefier than the rest of the seam. That's where I jack the car. I honestly haven't looked at the owners manual but I think it's correct. In 10K I think I've swapped wheels at least 8 times. That's a separate discussion.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
On my VWs there has been a slight indentation in the rocker panel just as it "rolls" under the car. Try ~6" aft of the front wheel and ~6" before the rear. Run you finger along this edge and you'll find it (if they still put them there). The seam just beyond this indent is beefier and overlaps two body panels. Good luck, John