Best tdi motor to build for power?

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
He was referring to you about not responding to my countless emails and messages. I got screwed out of $400 because your pump was no good, and because I was stupid to pay by gift instead of goods or services. Never again.

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
What is your problem? You ****ed me, a college student with already barely enough money to pay for the pump, out of $400. You are so damn giddy since I can't file a dispute against you via paypal. You already told me you would be glad to work something out, and now you just have to be a jerk about it. You are a total disgrace to all the vw diesel forums. At least have the balls to say "I screwed up because I'm an amateur, and I'm not giving you your money back" I know I'm not the first to buy a pump from you that wasn't reassembled correctly.

Last edited:

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
And sorry for the thread derail guys, this guy is just really getting on my nerves. Back to the thread. Any idea about an ahu with a 11mm alh pump, 17/22 turbo, really good nozzles, pd pistons, and a good strong tune? I'm also thinking about doing the swap in my mk2 jetta instead. The 1.6 ecodiesel is slow and underpowered.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If you are a poor college student with little money, you should stick with slow and underpowered until you graduate and get a real job where you can earn a decent living, and not pursue crazy engine swaps.

Sorry, just how I see it.

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
I already have a job. I just haven't graduated. And I never said I was doing this swap now, I specifically said after I graduate a few months down the road. I'm just doing my research now.

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
And I had bought the pump from him because mine was puking diesel out the back.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
If you are a poor college student with little money, you should stick with slow and underpowered until you graduate and get a real job where you can earn a decent living, and not pursue crazy engine swaps.

Sorry, just how I see it.
^^^This. Better off putting that effort into getting good grades so you can get a decent job. Then you do your drivetrain swap. Coming from a fellow broke college student.

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
Come on guys, as already stated, not doing this swap now, I'm just doing my research. I already have a job as a commerical refrigeration tech, I just haven't started working full time yet. 4 more weeks til I graduate.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
If just doing research then use the search function, the AHU and ALH have had a lot of threads.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
A little late to the party but the 3.0 tdi or the 4.2 would be tops in power. In stock form with a chip the 4.2 will make more power than a 4 cylinder with the same amount of money invested.