Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

CliffR

TDI
2011 Touareg
My 2011 Touareg TDI has been in the VW shop here in Saskatchewan since May, 2022. The EPA mandated recall rebuild (with warranty) has been a nightmare for me and the dealer. The dealer here has tens of thousands of $ into testing and replacing parts (under warranty) . My problems started with a bad def pump and no replacements available in N. A for 4 months. Since then every part that was replaced in the rebuild has had to be replaced at least once, including the intake manifold. They are currently waiting on the 2nd EGR system parts that will replace the one put in just weeks ago.

We have over 35,000 km (21000 miles) or until Nov of 2024 left on the warranty.

What I am looking for is anyone who has or is going through the same or a similar situation. I just started a case with VW CustomerCare Canada to see if we can get some conclusion to the issue. I could use advice and experience to guide me through finding a solution to this craziness.

Thanks for the posts earlier. Those and the comments have been helpful.
Quote Reply

Report •••

Write your reply...

Share:
Facebook Twitter Reddit Pinterest Tumblr WhatsApp Email Link

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It seems I have read that some may have gotten the warranty extended to make up for the time spent at the shop. I have also read about some buybacks maybe for vehicles that aren't easily repaired or too costly or they give up. There are some threads here.