TDI Random stall

TWC88

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Have had a problem as of late with a random stall at lights and random hard start. I took car in to dealer and here is what they say. "Ran GFF faults in ECM for intake runner P1046 - intake manifold defective - will need to be replaced (03I129711e)". They also told me it was a hard code, the car was there a month ago and had no codes at that time, they did re-flash at that time to the latest regen flash.:eek:

Here is where I get confused, from my knowledge a P1046 code is an O2 sensor. After some research the intake runner/manifold should be a P2015 code. And they want $456 parts and $330 labor and the service writer didn't give me a warn fussy feeling that that was definitely the problem.

Any thoughts???

Tom C
2010 Jetta TDI

ato787

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I too have a 2010 TDI, with 166K miles on it. My car is in the shop now getting the manifold replaced. I was told it's a flap in the manifold that is messing up, and since it is made of plastic it could break into pieces. I replaced the two O2 sensors about a year ago and a half ago, and the check engine light never went off. Figured it was time to get it looked at.

TWC88

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I don't have a check engine light. I'm more concerned with the codes just want to make sure the dealer is given me the right story. Everything I read the intake runner should be a P2015 code not a P1046.

Tom

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Moderators, can this thread be moved to the correct model forum? (this is for MKIVs)