SunVisors

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
I just found out that sun visors in most VW's telescope from the pivot and extend sun protecting, Mine don't telescope. Are there specific models that do and don't? I tried to get both of mine to extend and I ended pulling out the visor and the female part which separated from the pivot.

Last edited:

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Do you have the visors with or without the garage remote control? The former extends out.

I just found out that sun visors in most VW's telescope from the pivot and extend sun protecting, Mine don't telescope. Are there specific models that do and don't? I tried to get both of mine to extend and I ended pulling out the visor and female part which separated from the pivot.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
Without. But my brother in law has the same exact visor and his extend.

Smokerr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon GL,2005,Silver
My wife wanted one of those for the Passat

I think we saw it in a Jetta.

I could find no info and she made one (she is an artist) made a sliding sleeve out of heavy paper/light cardboard.

Works well.

The Sun Visor as its pretty much useless for side window ops.

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I fitted a set salvaged from a Passat into my Jetta, but was mostly after the Homelink transmitter, and got the extendable visors as a happy bonus feature.

You could hit the wrecking yards and look for the HL equipped ones to trade into your car?

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
About 40 Passats have gone through my hands and about the same amount of Jettas and Golfs, all engines and trims, not just diesel.

I have never seen a Jetta/Golf in the US that came stock with the homelink controls but people retrofit the Passat sunvisors.

Now, about the Passats, from all the ones I've had and seen, only the homelink sunvisors extend out.

Also, if you're using a Passat homelink sunvisor in a Jetta/Golf, don't forget to get the male pigtail, it uses 3 wires.

Hope that helps :)