No heat passenger side again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearsvw

TDI
2013 passat highline loaded
January of 2017 I had my heater core replaced due to no heat on passenger side. Worked great last winter but now same problem. Has anyone had this happen to them.

Bearsvw

TDI
2013 passat highline loaded
It's going in tomorrow to check. Also an airbag recall

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The heater core clogging is a symptom of a larger problem. Volkswagen is only addressing the symptom - not the actual problem. Expect this to continue happening and likely get worse as other coolant heat exchangers (oil cooler, EGR cooler, perhaps even the main radiator) get clogged, as well.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
The heater core clogging is a symptom of a larger problem. Volkswagen is only addressing the symptom - not the actual problem. Expect this to continue happening and likely get worse as other coolant heat exchangers (oil cooler, EGR cooler, perhaps even the main radiator) get clogged, as well.
Any my guess the problem is the design of the coolant system operating outside the coolants designed specifications.

But that's just my guess.

There have been reports of multiple flushes helping out, but and dealer is going to be have to lead to that pond for them to take that drink, they will prob keep tossing cores at it.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
This is one of a number of reasons (on core #2) I'm doing the buyback next year....

Status
Not open for further replies.