It's OFFICIAL >>>June 8th>>> "So.Cal GTG!!"

Steve in California

Veteran Member
It\'s OFFICIAL >>>June 8th>>> "So.Cal GTG!!"

I've been in email contact with Eric and we agreed to have the GTG here in Simi Valley, on June 8th.

Directions:

Ronald Reagan Freeway 118...exit at Kuehner Drive (the easternmost exit) and proceed south to the first traffic light at Sandalwood Drive. Turn left on Sandalwood and go to #6779.

What time is good to start? Do you want to have a BBQ here after our run? Let me know what you would like and I'll see what I can do. (keep it clean)!

acktdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS Reflex Silver
Re: It\'s OFFICIAL >>>June 8th>>> "So.Cal GTG!!"

I hear Treehouse is classy
Count me in for the GTG.

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL

Hey, shouldn't we do something seamy in Simi Valley?!

I'm gonna do my darndest to make this GTG. Maybe pyce will go and buy himself an arsenal now and we can blaze a trail of death and destruction down I-5...

txg60

Hey!..that is great news!...you will in my working area!...look fwd to seeing everyone there.

Steve in California

Veteran Member

acktdi: I've never been to the Treehouse, so I can't give a recommendation.

Norman: We have an arsenal, here...tell Peter to leave his at home

TXG60: Are you coming all the way from Texas?

How about the rest of the So. Cal TDI'ers? RiceEater, et al. Where is everyone? Should we post this on a discussion list, too?

peter pyce

Veteran Member

Steve, you have arsenal THERE, but we need it for the few hours boring hughway
Anyway, after shooting for few hours with Mickey, his brother and Denton, I think I have enough!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

I will e-mail Gary, Carl and sone other people who seldom come here, so maybe they can join us and have even higher level of soot on I-5

peter pyce

Veteran Member

The guy is intern for few months, so no wifes, no kids, no girlfriends ...... looks like he is going to have no life outside of the TDI Club
so, I am pretty sure he will come .....

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI

Eric, we're sure gonna try.

Have we decided on a time to meet? Is it still 10Am at Steve's? That IS the start point, right?

peter pyce

Veteran Member

What is MrMetal going to enjoy more: his internship or his TDI activity here ...... do not forget there's the West Coast Fest end of June in Olympia, WA! We have to bring him there too!

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI

To paraphrase a saying: "So many GTGs, so little time..."

peter pyce

Veteran Member

Steve, guess we take the boring I-5, as it's the fastest, so we can be there in time ...... Looking forward to driving down there, as I want to blow away everyone with my fuel economy...... boy, do not know what's going on, but since I got some suspension, I have been getting some incredible numbers in mileage.......

Clueless One

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI

A few numbers to consider. From todays trip. 412 miles from San Jose (corner of Zanker & Trimble) to the corner of I405 & Hwy 118. It was cooler going down 101, and quite warm back on I5.

As a side trip how about a visit to Vasquez Rocks Park off of Hwy 14. Some of the old Star Trek shows were shot there.

Steve in California

Veteran Member

Vasquez Rocks sounds great. I just got back from a little scouting expedition through the local mountains...we could start out going through Black Canyon, past Boeing (Rocketdyne) down Woolsey Canyon (great picture stops), up through Box Canyon to the 118 Freeway and then on to Vasquez Rocks, via 405 and 14.

Anyone have some FRS or CB radios we could take on our caravan?

Any more news on the VW Design Center? Didn't someone have an "in" there? Any interest in the VW Emmissions Center?

Steve in California

Veteran Member

For those who are coming a long distance:

If you need a place to crash for the night, you're welcome to crash here...I've got room for up to 4. More, if a couple don't mind sleeping bags on the floor.

peter pyce

Veteran Member

Steve .....

We all have radios, and some of us even more than one, so, no problem with communication

As for the design center, I am waiting for a reply on that ...... it may be a no go, but let's see!

Thanks for offering your house for us, but I guess we will go back home the same day, late in the evening. Well, someone may decide to take your offer thou .... let's see. But thank you very much, very nice of you!

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI

Thanks for the offer Steve! We'll play it by ear on the floor space for sleeping bags and such since I'm inclined to get home to spend time w/ the family on Sunday.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys with multiple FRS radios; I have a matched pair, and then I went and got a Motorola because another VW club around here goes and does drives, but they use !@#$%^& sub-channels that are not compatible with my original pair..
I'll bring 'em all along in case anyone doesn't have a radio for the drive.

peter pyce

Veteran Member

Ha-ha-ha-ha.... what ___________ sub-channels are they using?

txg60

Hi Steve:

Actually I have already moved to So. Cal from Texas...I work in the Simi Valley off of Madera a few days a week so I am all to familiar with the area...looking forward to meeting some So. Cal TDI folks...If anyone is coming from Covina/Azusa lets hook up for the drive.

txg60

Hey Steve:

Also noticed your post about the mini drive through the rocks..my main office is in Calabasas off of Las Virgenes...a shortcut home is taking Valley Circle North through box canyon to hit 118...very awsome drive...for any other folks, lets also consider the mecca of all drives...Angeles Crest Highway...

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI

Originally posted by peter pyce:
Ha-ha-ha-ha.... what ___________ sub-channels are they using?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought I'd read somewhere that their "official" drive channel was/is 4sub1. Well, the set that I have has some subchannel compatability with Motorola, but NOT !@#$%^& sub1. Of course, I could just save myself the trouble (and $$) by not going on any of their drives (which I've managed to do, so far...
).

Clueless One

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI

Just a suggestion. Someone might volenteer to be a proxy for those of us in the north. Some of us do not have a ready source of Delvac 1 oil. Topanga Oil has lots of the stuff, but is not open on Saturday.

First D

Veteran Member

I may take a day off on May 24 (I need it!) and would be willing to pick up some Delvac 1 at Topanga Oil. If I recall, a case of 4 gallons is $80.96 plus tax (I believe it was almost $88 including tax).

Who wants Delvac? Let me know before next Monday.

TDI J'ta

Veteran Member
TDI
2K1 Blk Jetta GLS 5-spd

Sorry I'm going to miss this GTG because of a schedule conflict that day.

However, if you move the meet time up to like 6:00AM
at Steve's, then it would be a go...

First D: I drive by Sylmar 10Xs a week. If you do get orders for Delvac-1, I could save you a trip and get the cases to you before June 8th. As of today, Topanga has 6 cases available and the $88/case is the current price.

Steve in California

Veteran Member

If you want to change the meet time, it's fine with me! I just found that I forgot about a dinner that I have to be at at 5:00pm that day.

We won't change our meeting place, but I may have to bug out early to make my obligation!

First D

Veteran Member

TDI Jetta, if I can't get any time off this Friday, I may need to have you pick up the stuff. So far, I'll need 2 cases. I can send you the money ahead of time if you want, just e-mail me. I may need a several cases of Mobil 1, also for my other car. At $26 or so for a case of 6 quarts, it's a bargain!

If anyone needs Delvac, there are two extra gallons right now. James e-mailed me for 2 gallons, so if anyone wants the other 2 speak up!

[ May 21, 2002, 21:57: Message edited by: First D ]