DieselTuning installed -- Happy! Happy! Happy!!!

clambert

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan Silver, A5
Just installed a wired Dieseltuning mod. Face hurts; too much smiling. Can't use wot in 1st, just spins. @ 2200rpm in 2nd, nothing but wheel hop.
I broke it in 'like I stole it'. Had more power than my 2003 90hp tdi with a Upsolute; that was when it was stock, now, I'm pushing 150hp at the wheels. Lots of smoke, but don't care power, power, power!!!!!

clambert

TDI
BTW, many thanks to Joe at Dieseltuning in Delta for his patience in answering my questions before I bought. Very prompt service; the product delivered just as he promised.
There's my plug, Joe...

WISVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf
Welcome to the club! What setting are you running at? I've been running with it set at "D". Seems like a good combination of power versus smoke. First MPG report, I only dropped 1 MPG and I've been pretty deep into the gas pedal playing with the box. I imagine it will level out now that I'm driving somewhat normal again.

PDeezul

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI ,GLS, Reflex Silver/Anthracite Leather
What engine applications please? I suppose the cost compared to the seat of the pants effect is trivial at this point? I like the plug in aspect of this mod but I am having a hard time justifying the initial cost....

shaolin

Veteran Member
TDI
Soon to Come - 2006 Platinum Grey Jetta, DSG & Package 0
I am still undecided between a chip or a box. For a new car, I will be more comfortable with a box or a extra chipped ECU. So in case I need to take the car in, I can switch it out quickyly.
If you added the cost of the spare ECU, there's not that much difference.

clambert

TDI
Where else???? Setting is on 'F'. If you don't drop yer foot into her, the smoke is min. Only when you stuff it, it's a tad excessive...

PDeezul

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI ,GLS, Reflex Silver/Anthracite Leather
I'm with you shaolin. Guess these fellas are too busy frothing to give out any more details....

clambert

TDI
I've had a Upsolute on a 2003 90HP manual. Worked fine. Just I put on over 50,000 km a year, roll over cars faster than my shorts, the box gives me more options with another car. Plus, the bonus of getting a much smoother throttle response over the stock setting is almost as nice as the extra power...

WISVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf
2005 Golf PD. I justified the cost by being able to move to a new car when I trade or even sell if for some insane reason I don't buy another diesel! I could sell it for half of what I paid and it would be a win win.

WISVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf
clambert,
do you feel your throttle response is smoother than stock? I think mine is smooth if I'm smooth with the pedal, but if I push it to quick it will surge quickly (which I guess make sense if you think about it). I've had Upsolute chips on gas engines that have acted simlilar. I've had to drive with the air on nonstop also. It has finally cooled off I'll see how smooth it is with the air off.

clambert

TDI
No question that the response is smoother with the box than stock. I had a chance to play with the throttle response on a '06 PD100 and it was much smoother than mine when it was stock. The box does tend to 'punch in' under WOT at about 2200-2300 rpm. Different than my Upsolute but certainly controlable.

clambert

TDI
Exactly why I chose a box this time, I'm looking at taking delivery of a '06 Jetta sedan in Dec 05. The engine will be the same, so I'll just move the box over to the new car.
Oops. Did I say that out loud????

JAVORB

TDI
SEAT ALHAMBRA,1.9TDI 110HP
I AM A SEAT ALHAMBRA 1.9TDI OWNER 110HP I FITTED A TUNINBOX TO IT AND I WAS SO IMPRESSED I DECIDED TO SELL THEM I HAVE STARTED UP A VERY GOOD BUSINESS AND ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS ARE VERY HAPPY ,I CAN SUPPLY THE 8 OR 10 PIN TDI UNITS AND ALSO AN ADJUSTABLE TDI PD UNIT BOTH OF THESE USE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURES PLUGS AND CAN BE FITTED /REMOVED IN MINUTES.BOTH UNITS GAIN BETWEEN 20-25% HP/TORQUE AND DEPENDING ON HOW YOU DRIVE IMPROVED MPG OF BETWEEN 3-10 MPG (YES 10) .I AM THE SOLE UK SUPPLIER OF THESE GERMAN MANUFACTURED UNITS ,THEY HAVE A 2 YEAR MANUFACTURES WARRANTY,PRICES FROM £79.99 + POST,I WILL POST ALL OVER THE WORLD QUERIES TO dieseltuning_units@tiscali.co.uk

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
Use extreme caution with what is being represented as DieselTuning. The products being offered on the previous post are NOT from DieselPower Germany.
Ebay

It is good to see he stands behind his products!
NO REFUNDS GIVEN

pwrfix

TDI
Jetta 04 TDI Black
Happy can barely describe the grin on my face !!! This mod (the real one) is way better than anticipated... happy trails....

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Re: DieselTuning installed -- Happy! Happy! Happy

Don't worry I think most of us were very impressed by THE CAPS LOCK, LACK OF VENDOR STATUS AND SHAMELESS PLUG. MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE JAVORB MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER right now! Ahem, ranting over.

Seriously, that is the least credible add I've seen for something in a long freaking time.

Doniol

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Comfortline 6MT
Add me to the highly satisfied customer list of the DieselTuning PD power box. I was in Vancouver a few weeks ago and purchased a tuning box after test-driving Joe's Jetta. I have been pretty busy, but finally found time to install it on my new Golf with 8000kms. Currently I have the setting on 'C' and the power increase is very significant. There's SLIGHTLY more smoke, but only under WOT. Temperatures are hovering around freezing in Calgary right now, so I'm sure the cooler air helps minimize the smoke.
My previous car was a 'premium fuel' 1.8T Jetta, but I opted for a Golf TDI to save on fuel since I average about 40 k/year. Fuel $$ savings have been great so far, but I sure was missing the torque I had before with the 1.8T. The PD box gives me the best of both worlds. I averaged about 50 MPG before the mod so I'll be interested to see what I get now since it's so fun to be heavy-footed. I'll be experimenting with the settings soon, once I get a good feel for the new box.

I installed a TDI-Heater at the same time... anyone else have one of these??? It's great! I have INSTANT heat in the morning and my temp gauge is straight up ready to go the instant I start the car.
Solves that 'terribly efficient diesel producing no heat at idle' problem in frosty winter mornings.

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS

Don't worry I think most of us were very impressed by THE CAPS LOCK, LACK OF VENDOR STATUS AND SHAMELESS PLUG. MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE JAVORB MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER right now! Ahem, ranting over.

Seriously, that is the least credible add I've seen for something in a long freaking time.
And he won't respond with facts either...I've tried on another post. I even PM'd him to no avail. Boo-Hiss
Isn't there a rule against what he is doing, not being registered and all?

Chadly

TDI
2003, Jetta Wagon, Indigo Blue

I too had a DieselTuning box recently installed at JS Performance in Abbotsford, B.C. I was always hesitant about these type of mods for my car, but with the easy plug 'n play system you can't go wrong.

I have owned a GTI VR6 in the past and miss the power. With the box it's not quite a GTI but the closest you can get with a mod for only $500.

I did notice some black smoke at high rpm's after the box was installed. Does anyone know if there is any reason to worry?

SilverTDIGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI

I did notice some black smoke at high rpm's after the box was installed. Does anyone know if there is any reason to worry?
Not unless you are in front of a cop car and you floor it and smoke him/her out.

SilverTDIGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI
I have also had one (dieseltuning box) installed at JS performance, as well as 5 guages, and an oil change done. Jose did an OUTSTANDING professional job with all his work.
I am going to try out some Amsoil cetane boost as well. Hoping this will help with the common rough idle!

vwsalesguy

TDI
Jetta 2006 Spice Red
Fuel Box

I have had the latest version of the box on my 06 PD and it is freakin awesome, i have it set to level E and i am getting better econmoy and a crap load more power:eek: . Thanks again Joe!:cool:

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
Is that Jetta lowered? It sure looks better then what I remember the new Jettas to be. Maybe the body style is growing on me. I am dieing to see if we will get the a diesel Jetta/Passat wagon. Then I may get rid of my 2002 Jetta.

I was a bit skeptical of this box since the early reports with the O2 sensor. I'm glad they suffered through the rough spots and weren't chased off. It's nice having other options.

Enjoy your new rides!

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
Very true!

eetsoot said:
Is that Jetta lowered? It sure looks better then what I remember the new Jettas to be. Maybe the body style is growing on me. I am dieing to see if we will get the a diesel Jetta/Passat wagon. Then I may get rid of my 2002 Jetta.

I was a bit skeptical of this box since the early reports with the O2 sensor. I'm glad they suffered through the rough spots and weren't chased off. It's nice having other options.

Enjoy your new rides!
I was not a fan of the new body style at first! And then I went to Calgary and saw VWSALESGUY'S car. The wheels the suspension, the tint the colour. That is what a 2006 should look like. Way to go Adam!

WISVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf
That is nice looking! My dealer just had someone back out of a black 06 Jetta TDI. It is equipped exactly as I would like one. My Golf is only six months old, but I am tempted, especially after seeing your car!
At least I know I could easily move my Dieselpower box to the new car!

Doniol

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Comfortline 6MT
bjmarler said:
Hey, Doniol , any updates on you MPG since installing your box?
I have increased the setting to 'E', and I've put about 3000k on the Golf since installing the box, and so far no decrease in fuel economy. I'm definitely driving more aggresively than before the mod, usually "holding back" and accelerating at the same rate as WOT was without the mod. Maybe if I used an entire tank on city driving my mileage would go down compared to before the mod since I do use the extra power. It would probably even go up if I drove as I did before the mod, but I just dont have the willpower to drive so light-footed for an entire tank to prove that theory.

JAVORB

TDI
SEAT ALHAMBRA,1.9TDI 110HP
Tuning Box

THE REASON I HAVE NO REFUNDS IS DUE TO THE FACT NOT REALLY FOR MY TDI UNITS BUT FOR THE COMMONRAIL UNITS I SUPPLY AS THEY CAN BE DAMAGED BY PLUGGING IN THE WRONG PLACE ,THE UNITS I SELL ARE MADE IN GERMANY BY A COMPANY WHO SELL THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND HAVE BEEN SINCE 1992,THEY ARE CURRENTLY DEVELOPING DIGITAL UNITS THAT WILL BE AVAILIBLE EARLY NEXT YEAR ,I HAVE HAD ONE ON MY OWN SEAT ALHAMBRA 1.9TDI 110HP FOR OVER 40,00 MILES WITH NO PROBS ,I HAVE SOLD THESE UNITS ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH NO PROBS THROUGH MY EBAY SHOP
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DIESEL-TUNING-UNITS_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm
TO BE THIS SUCCESSFULL WITH MY FEEDBACK THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY A GOOD PRODUCT AS 200+ VERY HAPPY CUSTOMERS CANT BE WRONG ,I HAVE EVEN HAD GREAT FEEDBACK FROM THE USA ,CANADA AND NEW ZEALAND,YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING,YOU DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER,SO DONT SLAG OFF MY PRODUCTS WITH KNOW KNOWLEDGE OF THEM