Best fuel filter for mk6

KamloopsDan

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon TDI
Hey,

Does anyone have any good recommendations for the best quality (lowest micron) fuel filter for a stock 2013 Golf TDi?

I have searched various forums and getting lots of hits for 1 & 2 micron filters but they all require a new housing.

Thanks

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Look up Dietzl mod $8 and use a $6 Cat filter.
Dietzl mod
Read this thread to answere any questions with flow vs Micron size and whats good and bad.

MANN is a great stock filter. Change it every 10k
Dont worry about micron. 1 micron is great if it's a glass mat filter like the Nicktane fuel filter mod. But that sucker is $100 bucks. Not too fimilure with the mk6 so no input what's best for it but that thread should answere any questions you have about flow. Imo OEM style is usually best for things like filters

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
My CP3 kit came with a super nice aluminum filter head that attached to the existing filter housing. First the fuel got OE filtration, then it went through a large 1 micron Cimtek spin-on filter.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Hey,
Does anyone have any good recommendations for the best quality (lowest micron) fuel filter for a stock 2013 Golf TDi?
I have searched various forums and getting lots of hits for 1 & 2 micron filters but they all require a new housing.
Thanks
But why? Many, many people have gone hundreds of thousands of miles using just the stock filter. What benefit exactly do you expect to gain?

KamloopsDan

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon TDI
But why? Many, many people have gone hundreds of thousands of miles using just the stock filter. What benefit exactly do you expect to gain?
I'm not expecting any performance benefit, I was asking if anyone had any suggestions for the next best filter instead of going secondary fuel filter route.

KamloopsDan

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon TDI

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
My suggestion: phone Franco's on Lorne Street (250) 374-1923 and ask what they recommend. It will be OEM and they probably even sell it for a fair price.

I'd personally stay away from anything at Canadian Tire... almost exclusively Fram.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would use the filter element that is the same company as the filter assembly. It will say on the side. It is usually Mann, but it could be UFI.

The dealers often sell UFI replacements for Mann, though. Either will work fine, but I tend to feel the fit is best with the OEM manufacturer.

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
My suggestion: phone Franco's on Lorne Street (250) 374-1923 and ask what they recommend. It will be OEM and they probably even sell it for a fair price.
I'd personally stay away from anything at Canadian Tire... almost exclusively Fram.
No complants here about C.T. or using there products/parts & if i came in & was looking for a particular item they always would go out of there way to help find it for me. its where i buy my Mann filters particularly my Mann Oil Filter there cheaper than anyone else. & if they dont stock it they will order them in.