Throttle mounts

Runninwild

Veteran Member
TDI
AAZ swapped 2000 tacoma
Was wondering if you guys could show some pics from your throttle mounts? Going to mount mine this weekend and not looking forward to trying to get it in that tight space. Any tips or tricks to getting it lined up properly?

HiaceTDI

TDI
2000 golf tdi
Probably not what you had in mind but here's mine from my hiace swap

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Runninwild

Veteran Member
TDI
AAZ swapped 2000 tacoma
Welds look about as good as mine lol. Looks like it turned out pretty good. Lots of room to play around there eh

HiaceTDI

TDI
2000 golf tdi
This was the second iteration, the first I had the Toyota pedal sitting at its stock length and I found that my foot kept hitting the throttle body so I moved it upwards and on a bit of a forward angle to clear the headlight cavity thing. I had to add a ton of bracing in the bracket to stiffen it up. It's still not super stiff but it'll work.

Runninwild

Veteran Member
TDI
AAZ swapped 2000 tacoma
Yeah definitely looks like you braced it quite a bit. This is one thing I've been putting off. Don't even have a plan of attack really. I feel like it's going to be a nightmare trying to get the pedal straight and in the proper position when I can barely fit in there to work lol

Think I'll make a plate and bolt it to the flywheel. Then make a plate and bolt it to the pedal. Then play with some metal and try to tack it in place while holding the pedal in the perfect spot ��*♂

HiaceTDI

TDI
2000 golf tdi
I started by attaching the pedal to a plate and building from there

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Based on your user info it sounds like you're swapping in an AAZ engine?

In which case you will be using a cable-based throttle pedal (rather than the electronic version typical of the TDIs on this forum) ?

Runninwild

Veteran Member
TDI
AAZ swapped 2000 tacoma
Upgrading to a Bhw. It's in and running just gotta mount the pedal and finish a few things

Runninwild

Veteran Member
TDI
AAZ swapped 2000 tacoma
Got mine finished today. Looks super ghetto as I'm down to basically scraps of metal but turned out really good!

Last edited:

Runninwild

Veteran Member
TDI
AAZ swapped 2000 tacoma
not sure why the first pic wasn't attaching properly. I fixed it and resized.

I used 3/16 plate and its pretty solid. I don't have a stopper for the throttle to rest on so as long as I don't mash the pedal super hard it should be good. Had to reclock the pedal as well. the wire harness is basically facing straight down but doesn't get in the way. between the e brake handle and other crap behind the dash there wasn't much room to make it work