Going to try to tackle down TB on 15 passat tdi, 115K now

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I'm looking for pic for markings on this TB, I've tackled down a few ALHs in the past, I believe this is CVCA engine and having a tough time locating diagram with markings, I do not have TB tools yet so any advice for people that got it done, i know metalnerd got the TB kit, but it is pricey, I can take a few advice I really appreciate your input

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Here is my two cents from just doing the TB on my 15 CRUA GSW. It's basically the same procedure as the 15 Passat. The TB itself is not hard at all, the longest part is getting all the extra/external parts out of the way to get to the timing belt. If you've done other TB's, then this should be no problem. As for the tools, you really only need the two pins for the cam sprocket, HPFP and the crank lock. If going cheap, you could get away with probably just buying the crank lock and using drill bits or other items that are the same size to pin the cam and HPFP.

I have a pdf for the Passat if interested. I received it from another member here and used it for the markings and torque specs on my TB. Let me know if you're interested and I can send it to your e-mail.

BTW, the TB kit I purchased had a non-variable water pump. It looked like a more reliable option going forward and the solenoid is only used so it won't set a code.

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Get the torque specs beforehand, rest is easy. Like any other timing belt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Great I can use some torque spec and a crank lock to do it, I am surprised that I know there are quite a bit of passat members here and it may seem that not a whole lot have tackled the TB down, may be it is still early for this year on this car to reach the120K mileage mark.

Tleader I sent you a PM with my e mail thxs ahead

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I think most are just paying to have it done when needed. Longer interval than the original ALH and different kinds of owners today. I only have 30k+/- miles on my new 2015 Beetle I bought new in 2017. Probably take me nearly 10 years to get to 120k as I only go into the office a few days a week and work from home the others. Plus retirement approaching. I am not going to buy the tools and stuff for a once in a decade task. Easier and cheaper to take it to a trusted mechanic. I did have the pdf you asked for sent to me as well though, just in case.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 14 and 15 passat and 09 jetta tdis, families related car that they expect me to take care of TB and other major stuff, I got to do some wrenching ahead so I hope TB tools works for 09 jetta as well

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Well I have to take care of my daughters 2015 Passat as well. Same engine though as in the 2015 Beetle.We are a long way from TB though.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
I have a 14 and 15 passat and 09 jetta tdis, families related car that they expect me to take care of TB and other major stuff, I got to do some wrenching ahead so I hope TB tools works for 09 jetta as well
Its realistically a 3 hour job or so and not overly complicated at all. 1/4 or more is just removing and reinstalling the things to get to be able to do the work. No pixie dust needed. Did it without all of the magic approved tools.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm still trying to get torque spec on all TB components, does anyone have a diagrams with tq values? Emailed Tleader and he did.not respond,

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I'm still trying to get torque spec on all TB components, does anyone have a diagrams with tq values? Emailed Tleader and he did.not respond,

Never received a PM from you that I see in my inbox. Send me a PM again with your email and I can try to send it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smoan

TDI
Mk 4 Jetta TDI Wagon
anybody have the timing belt procedure for the CVCA handy ? doesn't seem to be readily available