leaky egr cooler 2,0 16v tdi bkp

hd7993

TDI
TDI
Hello. i have a 2006 passat with a bkp engine. im pretty sure my egr cooler leaks a small amount of coolant into the exhauspart..

it disapear a little coolant, so need to fill about 1L in perhaps 1000 miles.

i can not really smell it from the exhaust, but it is possible to see some white smoke when the engine is cold. it doesent smoke right after startup or at idle, but when you start to drive, i can see some smoke in the mirrow the first mile or so. nothing when it is warm.

tested coolant, and there was no sign of exhaust etc.
pressure testet the system, and can not find any visible leaks. almost no pressure drop really. normal pressure when engine is running. stable coolant temperature.

I can not see this should be head or headgasket, as it only start to smoke a little when start to drive with cold engine. so my therory is that overnight it leaks a small amount of coolant into the egr cooler.

what best way to make sure this is the problem? temporary plug egr from intake? but does a leaky egr force wather towards the intake or the other way out the exhaust?

clamp coolant hoses to egr possibly? not sure if its a good idea to drive with hot exhaustgasses in to the intake?

any ideas? :)

thx