3 VAG COM faults

KID A TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Hey all,

this may seem like an incredibly stupid question, but how bad would you say it is to be driving around with these 3 codes (see below)? Is it dangerous or a possible threat to the car's health? I have some places I need to be this weekend but if I shouldn't be driving it, I won't.

The engine was just replaced in my car (long story), but it was all done by a trusted mechanic. I'll be bringing the car to him on Sunday to pick up my skid plate. He's only about 100KM from my place.

Car runs fine right now. I'm getting a CEL constant from start, and an ABS-CEL intermittently.

Temperature gauge takes about 20 minutes to get to 90 degrees, whereas it used to take about 5-7 around the same time last year. It never goes above 90 though.

Haven't cleared the codes yet, just checked them out earlier today.

I'm mechanically challenged, so be gentle :) Appreciated.

19561 - Valve for Intake Manifold Flap (N239): Open or Short to Ground
P3105 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16512 - Coolant Valve (N214): Temperature below Control Range
P0128 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Clear them and run it. Nothing there will cause further damage just aware that the ABS may not work.

Record coolant temperature from stone cold until warm and look at the results to see if there is some kind of an anomoly with the temperature rising. Most likely a thermostat issue.

Wheel sensor may be a rock got in there and whacked it.

Intake flap may be just a wire.