www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old July 6th, 2018, 20:17   #1
Ssmsx

TDI(s): Q7
Default Current buy back timeline?

Just checking to see how buybacks are going for people who submitted recently. I submitted everything and it was approved on 6/21. Iím still on step 15. Just checking to see if the process is going quicker than it was before.
Ssmsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 13:13   #2
Rico567
Veteran Member

We're just about to pick an appointment date to turn in our Passat.....but we've been at that stage (whatever it is) for the better part of two years (we chose to drive a really cheap car for a while, then turn it in for most of what we paid new. After the first big rush of registrations were past, I went on line and got all the paperwork done, took about 15 minutes. All that was left was to log back in, choose a date, and do it. Looks like at our local dealer I can do it on the 17th or 24th of this month. If we get our new car Monday or Tuesday, I'd like to do it on the former, but whichever.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2018, 14:46   #3
autdi
Veteran Member

I was planning on the fix, until they started selling the fixed ones CPO, 2 years everything covered, plus the emissions warranty. It's hard to pass up turning in 1 car and getting 2. So I had them reset the car back to step 8 I think it was. I had to wait a day or two to get the reset to go through, and then I picked the buyback. That was 7/5, so I'll see when the offer comes through. Last time (late 2017) it was about a week for the fix offer.
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:12   #4
DieselMann99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico567 View Post
All that was left was to log back in, choose a date, and do it. Looks like at our local dealer I can do it on the 17th or 24th of this month. If we get our new car Monday or Tuesday, I'd like to do it on the former, but whichever.

If you choose a date, is it easy to reschedule it to a later date (in case you don't have your replacement yet)?
DieselMann99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 13:14   #5
NewEngland

I just submitted all my documents on July 1. On July 2 they wanted my previous registration, which luckily I had. On July 5 they said my original registration was incorrect - it's not. On July 6 they asked for "Proof of Vehicle Acquisition." I would think the Title would be sufficient but it looks like now they want a Bill of Sale. It seems like they have time on their hands are are poking me with a stick.
NewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 15:54   #6
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselMann99 View Post
If you choose a date, is it easy to reschedule it to a later date (in case you don't have your replacement yet)?
Yes, you cancel and make a new one in 5 seconds
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 17:03   #7
Ssmsx

I finally received my offer letter 07/09. Itís dated 6/21..I immediately sent back the notarized pages. Just waiting for them to be approved now
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:27   #8
autdi
Veteran Member

I got all checkmarks in step 15 yesterday, so likely today or tomorrow will have the offer. Notary is in town, so no issue getting that done, only issue is what the openings are at the dealer, but they seem to get quite a few in, the storage lot they put them in empties and fills again in about a week, so it looks like they move a lot of them through, which may be good or bad.
Old July 11th, 2018, 14:02   #9
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselMann99 View Post
Yeah, I made my appointment last evening. It turned out that the dates for July had disappeared, so I made one for the first date in August (the 7th). After you set up the appointment, it's got a button at the bottom to cancel if rescheduling is needed.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 14:15   #10
autdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssmsx View Post
I finally received my offer letter 07/09. Itís dated 6/21..I immediately sent back the notarized pages. Just waiting for them to be approved now
Must have been the July 4 holiday. I just got the offer package late today, so 4th business day after I sent in the documents for step 15. Off to get the notary done and get the date listing so I know how much time I have for my wife to pick her car out.
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:14   #11
Ssmsx

Have your notarized documents been accepted yet? I sent them back on the 9th and still havenít heard anything
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:25   #12
autdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssmsx View Post
Have your notarized documents been accepted yet? I sent them back on the 9th and still havenít heard anything
They were uploaded yesterday, late afternoon. I'll update when I hear something.
Old July 13th, 2018, 05:45   #13
FloridaJohn
Veteran Member

I am currently in the process of going through the buyback process, and it has gone reasonably smoothly so far.

One hint for anyone that owns their car (payed off the loan), and lives in a state where they switched to E-Titles (like Florida). Make sure you either request the title from the state before you start the process, or allow for time to get the title after you start the process. It took me a week to receive the title after I started the process.

Once I had the title to scan and upload, then the process went pretty quickly. I had the settlement agreement notarized hours after it was available, and the whole process from uploading the last of my documents (the title) to scheduling an appointment was 8 calendar days.

As others have pointed out, the dealers are only scheduling the buybacks one day a week, and the earliest I could make an appointment was three weeks out.

So for me, the timeline was 1 week to wait for title from state, 1 week and 1 day for VW to process the paperwork, and three weeks until first available appointment. So a total of roughly five weeks from beginning to end (assuming the actual buyback appointment goes smoothly on my scheduled day). Plus whatever time it takes to receive the money from VW at the end.
Old July 13th, 2018, 06:00   #14
showdown 42
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2012 touareg

I did a trade for a "new" 2016 TDI Touareg,and the system work very well. Took 10 days from the approval to set a trade date. Took and hour at the dealer to do a video car scan, check all doc s and do the deal. Quite an easy program.
showdown 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2018, 20:11   #15
autdi
Veteran Member

At about 24 hours after the notarized upload, was approved, and can now schedule. The closest dealer is doing 1 day a week, another 2 miles further (opposite direction) does 3 days a week, and there are 3 more within 4 miles total distance from the house, so I can basically pick any day of the week starting from 2 weeks out, just a matter of which direction to go from the house.