Should I buy 2015 tdi certified vw dealership

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sure, you should. I hear very few, if any, complaints about 2015 performance after the fix. And the '15s are great cars with an excellent warranty.

Ronner

TDI
New 2015 Golf TDI dsg
I grabbed a "new" stop sale Golf just over a year ago, never owned a diesel before. Got $6500.00 off list during a promotion last June. I've put over 45,000 km on her the first year, fuel for her is 5-10 cents a liter less than regular here.

With the amount I drive, the lower cost per liter and the extended range diesel gives me I regret not getting one earlier in life. It was the 25-35 thousand dollar price tag for a hatchback, that kept me away. With the 6500 discount the sticker price was $20,100 CAD. before taxes for my Trendline. They MADE me buy it!!haha.

Claybreaker

TDI
2015 TDI Golf SE
I picked up a 2015 Golf SE tdi with 25k on it. I have put 10k on so falf without any problems. 2 year unlimited miles warranty on everything. Plus 162k warranty on engine, turbo, exhaust,emissions stuff. I think I might be forgetting so.ithing. but I drive a lot with that warranty that's why I bought it.

amafrank

TDI
'06 TDi jetta, '09 TDi jetta wagon, 15 TDi GSw
We bought a 2015 TDi SEL sportwagen in Dec with 22K miles on it. Full warranty for 2 more years and a very nice car. I had to replace my 2006 Jetta TDi that got trashed.
So far after about 13K miles we've been very happy. We had some sensor issues early on but after a few stops at dealerships in various states it quit screwing up. I think sitting in the lot with the other buyback cars for a year or two messes things up. The don't like to sit.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Frank

4JimmyVee

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Silver
Tough to say my tdi has 590k on it and I will break 600k before the summer ends. I had a lot of repairs 208-223k suspension + brakes, 260-280 ball joints turbo, 325k transmission, 356k turbo, 400k gear shift + clutch, 525k transmission again, since then clean driving. Current problem will spell the end of my car is RUST both kickers are in bad shape and are current held together with spray form and roofing tar, but doing this stopped the exhaust from getting into the cabin when a window is open. Has not been a concern during the winter but now I'd like to drive with the windows open. BTW I doing a road trip in two weeks to Inuvik and Tuktoyaktuk NWT

https://4jimmyvee.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
What you should do is ask a moderator to move this thread to the MK VII forum...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Just as an aside... which years are "safe" from a catastrophic-repair-cost viewpoint?

Yuri
Hard question. What's "catastrophic?" And in how many miles/km? MKVI and VII cars are more complex than MKIVs. so they're going to cost more to maintain, both because they have more parts to fail, and because repair procedures take more time. But I wouldn't say any of them are fail trains. We've certainly seen more expensive to maintain TDIs than the current cheating collection.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hard question. What's "catastrophic?"
Well, are some models more prone to needing a DPF replacement? That would certainly put a damper on one's enjoyment of life... (I'm assuming that the high-pressure pump and injector system failures are more or less a known quantity at this point, although the potential for failure will again take quite a toll...)

Yuri

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
With the extended emissions warranty I don't think anyone will be paying out of pocket for a DPF, HPFP, turbo, injectors, EGR, etc. for quite some time. When the time does come some of those components are more expensive than older TDI owners are used to, but others aren't. Turbo price is about the same although labor to replace it is more. HPFP costs a third of what an injection pump for an ALH costs. And injectors cost a fraction of what PD injectors cost. Cams don't fail on these cars.

So it's a mixed bag. Some things cost less, some more. Some fail more readily, some less. Since they aren't building any more rotary pump or PD engined cars, it doesn't really matter. This is your option unless you want to rescue one.