VW Shop In San Antonio,TX

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
diezeltoyz is on the list but no knowledge of them. Runonbeer and Mach1 here in the Austin area are very good and have direct knowledge and experience with both. Mach1 is in Spicewood, has his own garage and stocks parts and owns 2 2006 Jettas. He is very familiar with them and probably easier than SA to get to for you.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=36986
http://www.rsbdiesel.com/

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
That's interesting. I wonder if they have tdi specific know-how? I'll try to find out.

robbinsresort

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI, 85 Golf n/a Diesel
Do you know how well versed they are in the ways of the tdi?
I don't have first hand knowledge of them doing TDI work, but that doesn't mean they haven't done any. They've been doing alot of Audi work, which can be very complicated. Berk's a straight up guy and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

I've been to Randy's (Mach1) shop multiple times and he built my custom exhaust. His TDI knowledge, especially with the BRM motor, is extensive.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Thanks Chris for the recomendation, I still am honing my skills, got a new Miller 211 welder for Xmas..

Found a way to change the DSG fluid w/o pulling the battery and tray on the 09's and looking into the coolant loss on the CRD's as well..Saved a few cams on the BRMS. Saved a few turbos because of airbox sealing.

MmmDieselFumes

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Don't mean to bring an old topic back to life, but figured it's better than starting a new one.

Are these answers still valid? Just got my 06TDI around xmas time (~3 months ago), and I need to have the DSG serviced (apparently the previous owner was religious about everything, but forgot to do the 80k DSG service. I'm at 115k now...) Starting to get paranoid about hearing that "tin can full of ball bearings" sound. It shifts only slightly rough sometimes.

I've done my own oil changes, but lack the SPT tool for that tranny, and it's a PITA to have to schedule my buddy on his off time to put it up on the lift at his shop.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MmmDieselFumes

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the heads up Tom. I sent STXTDi an email to see how much they charge for that DSG service.

I tried the RSBdiesel website, but it's currently not working.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I would have to call him and see. I would imagine so though as his business is his nice shop at his home. I will try and get in touch and see what is up.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I would have to call him and see. I would imagine so though as his business is his nice shop at his home. I will try and get in touch and see what is up.
I bought Schaeffer 9000 oil from him a couple of years ago and have not seen him (in person) since the GTG in Houston over two years ago. Would be good to get his status, thanks.

MmmDieselFumes

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Any word yet if he's still around?

Got quoted $325 for that DSG service from STXTDi. Not sure if that's reasonable or not, or if they're reputable for that kind of servicing...

T-Roy

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 ECOdiesel AHU
I took the 06 to Randy (Mach1) a few times for some maintenance and he is a really good guy. I always end up talking and hanging out a bit at his shop.

However I had planned on taking my 92 out there the first part of March to get it up on a lift to look at a few things but never heard or got a call back since. I had spoke to him 2-3 days prior and he just said call him when I was on the way out there on one of his days off.

I don't know what's up with his website either, maybe forgot to pay the hosting bill?...I hope he is alright!