PD150 Benefits?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I'm one of those suckers that's reads everything on like 13 forums, VW, Honda, CAD.
Only reason I even mentioned it is there are some who just get pissed off when they see dupes.
More pertinent info at TDI Power Enhancements

ahldailydriver02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta 5 speed, 03 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
I'm one of those suckers that's reads everything on like 13 forums, VW, Honda, CAD.
Only reason I even mentioned it is there are some who just get pissed off when they see dupes.
More pertinent info at TDI Power Enhancements
Nope I totally understand, and I don't like reading duplicates let alone posting one, even though it happened. :(:eek:

ahldailydriver02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta 5 speed, 03 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
Ok so here is the latest update.

I installed a BRM intake manifold because it was a better choice and easier to come by, then I used the egr adapter from Malone. The BRM manifold doesn't have the 2 bolt on sites for the upper intake pipe, so I just used some electrical wire for now to hold it in place, seems to work fine until I make some brackets.

I didn't notice much of anything from 1st to 2nd, but 3rd-5th there was a noticeable difference in acceleration, was smoother and a tad bit quicker. The biggest difference was the top end. Much much smoother from 60-110 mph, and accelerated quicker too, the engine just seemed to not work as hard. Now these are just my observations, I don't have any real data to share yet. I will check my mpg after this week and see if anything changes there. Also if anyone needs any BRM parts I have several available.