Air Intake Kit for CR150 CRUA EA288 (15' Audi A3 TDI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jncasey

TDI
2015 Audi A3 TDI
Hello,

Who makes an air intake kit compatible with the subject vehicle?

The only one I can find online is made by Neuspeed. However, it looks like the kit retains a large portion of factory piping.

Does CTS make one for my vehicle? One website shows part no. CTS-IT-270R-1. I'm afraid the fitment is incorrect as pictures show TSI engines only.

*Also*... If you're one of those who swear by a factory intake and think aftermarket are pointless, please do me a favor and ignore this thread. I do not care in your opinion.

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
please forget everything you have learned from the fast and the furious movies.
Start reading up on whats good for your car.
stop wasting your money
car manufactures spend millions making an air intake, why are you or some chines marketing company selling $0.02 worth in "performance parts" think you can do better?
you cant! so please dont, anything you alter in this area will harm your engine and rob power and fuel econ and drain your wallet soon as you figure out how bad it was when you spend $$$ to replace parts that it messed up.
do yourself a favor and huck it in the trash or dont buy it.
1st step in modding is a TUNE, unless you spend $$$ on injection and boost, then you STILL NEED A TUNE.
want more power, contact a tunner,
Malone, Kerma TDI, Darkside are some of the best around this earth when it comes to tuning.

START READING SON you have a long way to go.

Last edited:

Jncasey

TDI
2015 Audi A3 TDI
please forget everything you have learned from the fast and the furious movies.
Start reading up on whats good for your car.
stop wasting your money
car manufactures spend millions making an air intake, why are you or some chines marketing company selling $0.02 worth in "performance parts" think you can do better?
you cant! so please dont, anything you alter in this area will harm your engine and rob power and fuel econ and drain your wallet soon as you figure out how bad it was when you spend $$$ to replace parts that it messed up.
do yourself a favor and huck it in the trash or dont buy it.
1st step in modding is a TUNE, unless you spend $$$ on injection and boost, then you STILL NEED A TUNE.
want more power, contact a tunner,
Malone, Kerma TDI, Darkside are some of the best around this earth when it comes to tuning.

START READING SON you have a long way to go.
Hey "SON"...How about you read my signature. :p

Face76

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW TDI
I had a Carbino intake on my Malone Stage 2 '12 JSW TDI. No idea if it made it any faster or not, but it was fun to hear the turbo whistle. I still have it in my garage, but I don't believe it'll fit your car.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
These engines make the same power with or without an air intake filter in place, dyno proven. If you want one for a little extra sound, then search on.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...Malone, Kerma TDI, Darkside are some of the best around this earth when it comes to tuning...
You live in "Northern MD" and you don't mention RocketChip?? Jeff is at least on a par with those you mention. He even taught one of them...

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
You live in "Northern MD" and you don't mention RocketChip?? Jeff is at least on a par with those you mention. He even taught one of them...
honestly never been to his shop in bmore, i have talked with him years back but yea, its been a while. great guy.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey "SON"...How about you read my signature. :p
we dont care about your opinions either! you clearly have made your point about not caring about common sense. have fun wasting your money and costly repairs and get ready to say high to your CEL in a few months!
i aint got no time to read past "i want to put some dumb crap on my car"
im too buys rolling my eyes and trying to keep my sides from flying out into space from laughing so hard that car owners like you are the reason pep boys and K&N still exist!
it gets even better at how much your willing to spend on this too. nearly $400 bucks? give me a break!

Last edited by a moderator:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Can we please dispense with these GIF posts. Besides just being annoying, bandwidth costs TDIClub $$. Hopefully, the mods will close the thread and send it to the black hole...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.