Volkswagen TDI ALH Vacuum Diagrams (Stock & Modified)

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
The reservoir will hold vacuum, and smooth out vacuum changes, for the N75 turbo operator. I would leave it.
Hi

In typically a bigger is better world would it be a worthwhile mod to actually increase vacuum storage capacity ? I.e. maybe 2 vac balls or a single bigger vacuum Reservoir?

Mk4tdiwagon

TDI
04 wagon 1.9 tdi BEW engine
After using aNUT's very helpful thread to help me re-do my vacuum lines, I decided to re-make his diagrams into more complete, readable, printable, noob-friendly forms. I used his diagrams in combination with TonyJetta's labels. They're color coded so that you don't start looking at one and accidentally look at a different one next time you take a glance. I named the thread very verbosely to hopefully have this thread come up when such a topic is googled.

Here are vacuum diagrams for a stock ALH, ALH with EGR delete, and ALH with EGR and ASV delete.

Images are thumbnails. Click for full-size.

Of course it goes without saying that although these are the "shortest" paths, these are not the only options. Please let me know if I missed something or messed something up.
Thanks my guy. But, would this be the same/similar for the bew engine?

Roallingcoalaudi

TDI
Afn
Hey i have a question about installing a sport filter because i saw this tube on my 1.9 tdi afn intake with a t connector like in the diagram so do i need a special piece or if i leave it unpluged is there going to be problems with my engine
(The tube that goes to n18 n75)

FlyingFin

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 Avant AFN
Why do you want to add a sport filter...

There are several threads on how useless they are on a diesel engine...

Dlesp52

TDI
2002 Jetta tdi
After using aNUT's very helpful thread to help me re-do my vacuum lines, I decided to re-make his diagrams into more complete, readable, printable, noob-friendly forms. I used his diagrams in combination with TonyJetta's labels. They're color coded so that you don't start looking at one and accidentally look at a different one next time you take a glance. I named the thread very verbosely to hopefully have this thread come up when such a topic is googled.

Here are vacuum diagrams for a stock ALH, ALH with EGR delete, and ALH with EGR and ASV delete.

Of course it goes without saying that although these are the "shortest" paths, these are not the only options. Please let me know if I missed something or messed something up.
Thank you for this!! Last owner made a damn rats best of hoses!

NevilleMccoy

TDI
After using aNUT's very helpful Speed Test to help me re-do my vacuum lines, I decided to re-make his diagrams into more complete, readable, printable, noob-friendly forms. I used his diagrams in combination with TonyJetta's labels. They're color coded so that you don't start looking at one and accidentally look at a different one next time you take a glance. I named the thread very verbosely to hopefully have this thread come up when such a topic is googled.

I'm pretty sure it is only used for the ASV. That would clean things up even more. I'm not totally sure about that but I think I'm gonna give it a try.

Last edited: