Hot issue - heated seats

dee_zell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 03 auto
Just to let you know guys. There is a so called Comfort Seat Limited Warranty Extension on 2003 models running until June 30, 2008 and I'm going to fight for my rights. Forget the pants.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
Mine was replaced by the owner at the dealer as part of the deal before i bought it. She paid dearly for it. heater and leather seat cover.

dee_zell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 03 auto
My seat heaters work again. The dealer promptly fixed them under the Comfort Seat Limited Warranty Extension that runs till June 2008 on all models 2002 and up. I saved so much I can take vacation on Bahamas now.

wildkitty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
My seat heaters keep OVERHEATING and MELTING my cloth (ouch)

Does this Warranty cover THAT?!?! This is the SECOND TIME it's happened in less than a year (I've changed it once before on the driver's side and now it's on the passenger's side which they've fiddled with before because it stopped working about a year ago).

dee_zell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 03 auto
wildkitty said:
My seat heaters keep OVERHEATING and MELTING my cloth (ouch)

Does this Warranty cover THAT?!?!
Do not know that but supposedly it should cover any issue. I'd recommend to email VW of A.

I had a hard time getting it fixed. I was told there was no ext. warranty, no recalls. Then I e-mail VWA and got a confirmation from them. Went back to the dealer mentioned the email only to be told, that they can take a look if I pay $100 and the rest really depends meaning $100 lost and more to be paid.

Then came back with the email printed black on white ready to fight and this time I was pretty much welcomed like a VIP. NO PROBLEM.

wildkitty said:
This is the SECOND TIME it's happened in less than a year (I've changed it once before on the driver's side and now it's on the passenger's side which they've fiddled with before because it stopped working about a year ago).
I'd contact VWA and complain to them before going back to the dealer.

k45

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
Is there a link talking more about this. i have an 02 jetta with heated leather. Everything seems fine but if there is some potential problem I would like it taken care of. Any links would be great.

dee_zell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 03 auto
k45 said:
Is there a link talking more about this. i have an 02 jetta with heated leather. Everything seems fine but if there is some potential problem I would like it taken care of. Any links would be great.
Talk to your dealer and if they do not help e-mail VWA

MN_Wild

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
I just got my 03 a couple weeks ago and the first thing I did was go to the dealer to have any recalls performed. There were 3, Brake switch, some lock rod adjustment / clip and a heated seat fix. They commented they did so many of them they keep seat covers of all the interior colors in stock. There are new parts that wont burn up your car. It is a safety recall. (so I was told)