Help Please!!!! Unleaded in a Diesel TDi???

rich100

TDI
Passat 03 TDi
Hi All,
I hope some one can help !!!! - We just bought an 03 estate Passat TDi for humping stuff aroud in. Our old car was unleaded and the wife put £5.00 of unleaded into it before she realised, she then topped it all the way up to the top with diesel, paid and drove off. It now will not start when warm/hot you have to wait 1/2 hr to an hour. It will then will start. It has been filled up once, again since. I have replaced the two temp sensors which came up with a fault. Still only starts when cold - Any ideas understanding or knowledge please. I just do not get it?

I have been told I need to drain it and blow threw the pipes then refill? I have filled it twice I don't see how with ony £5.00 worth of unleaded there would any left?

Any help advice please!!!!!!

Cheers - Rich

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
How many gallons/liters is £5.00 unleaded?

The problem may be unrelated.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I don't think your problem is related to a small amount of unleaded gas.

DeliveryValve

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS Wagon
I think he is talking about just over 3 and half liters of unleaded. I wouldn't think that would do any damage if the tank was filled up with diesel in what I assume is a 62 liter tank.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I agree. At this point there is probably not much gas in there and not worth flushing.

Which engine is in it?