BEW squealing turbo sound after replacing it...

golfere

Veteran Member
TDI
04 golf
Hey there;

Seems like my car has less throttle response after replacing the turbo with a stock oem kp39; it squeals when turbo kicks in louder than before; I will check the actuator as i did accidentally get some diesel inside of the vacuum port and this could have screwed it up; I have vcds so once i fgure out exactly how to check and how to post logs etc i will keep you guys updated

Any help on that is greatly appreciated also! Thanks in advanced

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Check the egr pipe on top, drivers side. The one with the metal gaskets, you may have forgotten to tighten those nuts. When they are loose the metal gasket acts like a reed in a musical instrument, and makes a significant racket.

golfere

Veteran Member
TDI
04 golf
All checked out to be fine; How can i run some graph logs on my VCDS to show how the cars running?

Also i found this to be my o2 sensor...Can this be causing problems?! There was no CEL on

Im looking into where i can get one that isnt $185+

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Im looking into where i can get one that isnt $185+
Rock auto has Bosch sensors around $120 last time I checked.

A bad sensor will not make a squeal. If there is no code it is probably ok.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes it does, however if it is not throwing a code then the ecu is getting the correct readings. Check your pending codes, pending codes haven’t actually set a CEL yet but will shortly.

golfere

Veteran Member
TDI
04 golf
Hmm, Yeah i checked with vcds and its all clear...just want to make sure my actuator is working well and this sound isnt a problem you know?

What if i post some logs of the car from 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear WOT ?

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Posting logs will always allow us to help you better. Make sure you post the actual versus requested boost include the N 75 percentage which it will do that automatically.

golfere

Veteran Member
TDI
04 golf
Any guides in specific to check? Ive been reading over malones tips and i dont fully get how the logs work (do i select 3 logs at once or do 3 separate logs?

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Go to Group 11, requested boost vs actual boost and click on log, then start, then do a 3rd gear pull from as low of an RPM that you can do safely up to the safest speed you can drive, then stop or save and then the file will be under Ross-Tech inside the logs folder. If you do not see then file you just created, make sure you select open "all files" and it will show up by the date you made it IIRC.