2015 Golf Malone Stage 2. DPF/EGR Delete with straight pipe

MacM

TDI
2013 Jetta
BTW, (that stands for by the way) it was "tropical storm Sandy" and if you live on the coast and didn't believe it was a chance this might happen, then their idiots.
Realistically we might as well be talking about "global warming" or whatever they call it these days. This is just the same as the war on coal and any other natural energy source.
I bought a tdi because diesel engines are efficient, always have been until the epa got involved. Now all they do is use more fuel to burn off the residual. Don't get me wrong, I not for pollution but let's be a little realistic. And before you fire back at anything hate filled, make sure you let me know how many tree's you plant annually to make the world economy system stronger.

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
what does "readiness" read on the ODBII scan for the parts removed?

Is this similar to the Malone tune for the MK6 platforms with a just a DPF delete?
Is AdBlue monitored through emission testing?

Looking to get a MK7 - I don't want to keep all the bull****, but I'd like to pass my state emission testing. I can do it with my MK6...........

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
what does "readiness" read on the ODBII scan for the parts removed?
Is this similar to the Malone tune for the MK6 platforms with a just a DPF delete?
Is AdBlue monitored through emission testing?
Looking to get a MK7 - I don't want to keep all the bull****, but I'd like to pass my state emission testing. I can do it with my MK6...........
The only sensors that are truly deleted are the low pressure EGR temp sensor, and the exhaust flapper valve. The rest are still connected and/or monitored.

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
so anybody perform these modifications in a state that has emission testing? how did it turnout for you?

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
I don't get it!
Why spend $2000 to undo all the work the engineers did to make the car more quiet, cleaner and more efficient, plus to void factory warranty on a new vehicle.
NOt to mention it is illegal to temper with emission system. A zealous cop can impound your vehicle.

Also...From your video- you are revving the piss out of it, 4000+ RPM, which does not squeeze more power out of this diesel.
Okay, I know this is an old thread, but this comment is just so hilarious considering what happened 11 days later...

Yeah, all that work the engineers did to make the car clean and efficient... LOL.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
Since you removed the DPF/EGR and blocked-off the add-blue injector, are you going to remove the add-blue tank and torsion bar as well and install an IRS setup? That's my plan. I just got Malone Stage 2 on my 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG. The torque is amazing... with all of this stuff (DPF/EGR etc., etc.) still on. Can't wait to take it off and really stretch her legs.
Old thread but want to know more about this if it has ever been done.. The IRS swap

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I compiled a tentative list of parts needed and it's quite extensive. The rear axle beam setup is far simpler than the IRS, and quite honestly I don't think it handles THAT much better. Unknown if the current fuel tank will work. Things we know would need changing are the exhaust, shocks, and springs. Then throw on the list of IRS parts which I have (excludes hardware) and just that totals $3,000USD from a dealer's parts site that I use that's competitively priced. This would really only be feasible for a junkyard find in my opinion. In case anyone wants to look some more...

Rear Crossmember 5QM505315
Tie Rod x2 5Q0501529C
Stabilizer link x2 5Q0505465C
Sway bar 21.7mm 5Q0511305BF
Level Sensor 5Q0512521J
Left Knuckle 5QM505435
Right Knuckle 5QM505436
Brake line bracket x2 1K0614167C
Control arm bracket 1K0505129L
Control arm bracket 1K0505130L
Control arm cap 1K0501475
Control arm cap 1K0501476
L Control arm 5QM505223
R Control arm 5QM505224
Control bushing x2 5Q0505541A
Lower control arm x2 5QM505311
Upper control arm x2 5Q0505323C

With VWR springs and Bilstein B8s, the car handles extremely well but is very firm in daily driving. For me, I'd be more interested in finding a way to use the DEF tank for either a water/meth injection or added diesel fuel capacity. Would be amazing to have 17.2 gallons of fuel capacity!

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
junkyard would be the way to go, there has to be one or two golfs or GSW with front end damage.