Just purchased my brand new 2010 jetta tdi

rock88

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi there,

I dont know if this is in the right category but i was wondering how much more time and money is spend on up keeping a 2010 jetta tdi..
I got the tdi for fuel miledge my honda was getting 550 kms to a tank with cost 44 bucks or so.I know oil changes last longer like 15000kms and timing belt and water pump is 100000kms and fuel filter is 40 bucks every 40000kms , thats what i have read..but as long as you do the maintance on the vehicle the car should last you long time.I was wondering if you use a certified vw mechanic with regular mainatance are you stilll good with the warranty as long as you have documentation for the service...because like any car dealer its very expensive especially vw.I also heard lots of electrical issues with vw jetta tdi's especially 2006 not so much with the 2010 but maybe because they are still young.
I know honda has cheaper parts and vw uses genuine parts but last longer..
so with the fuel savings am I really saving money.
I enjoy the comfort ride and the torque..wow...
So did i make the right decision..thanks for the replys everybody

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
The timing belt is a 240K kilometer or so belt. 120K miles.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
If all you care about is cost of ownership there is probably better choices, but not by very much. But for me it was cost and comfort, if the wife isn't comfortable on the several long trips we had planned then efficiency dont matter because I wouldn't be happy. I've got over 20,000 miles on my 2010 and am very happy with it, but more important, so is the wife.