MK6 Golf - Amp install

fosteraa

TDI
2011 Golf
I just took delivery of my 2011 Golf TDI 4-door, it was a long wait! United Gray Metallic, 6-speed, all options. The Dynaudio/NAV system is awesome, with the exception of some missing low-end punch. I have an Infinity Basslink from my previous car that I’d like to install in the rear hatch area.

From what I’ve gleaned from this and other forums, I have my work cut out for me. The Dynaudio system apparently has an amp installed under the driver’s (or is it passenger’s?) seat, which is fed by a signal-level output from the head unit. From there, the 8 channels are routed to the mid/bass and tweets in each door.

My Basslink has both line-level (RCA) and speaker level inputs. I’d prefer to use the line-level, which I would assume means tapping into the output from the head unit before it gets to the amp.
Next is power, which I have a pretty good idea of the path to take – remove the battery, punch out one of the rubber grommets behind it at the firewall before routing cable under the dash and under the driver’s door sill toward the back of the car.

What I’m looking for is any experience you all have had in similar efforts – any gotchas, helpful experience, or info I have wrong. Any reference to wire colors, other helpful posts, tips/tricks or the like is greatly appreciated for a newbie like me.

audi_racer017

TDI
Jetta TD, Audi GT
I just took delivery of my 2011 Golf TDI 4-door,
it was a long wait! United Gray Metallic, 6-speed, all options. The Dynaudio/ NAV system is awesome, with the exception of some missing low-end punch. I have an Infinity Basslink from my previous car that I’d like to install in the rear hatch area.

From what I’ve gleaned from this and other forums, I have my work cut out for me. The Dynaudio system apparently has an amp installed under the driver’s (or is it passenger’s?) seat, which is fed by a signal-level output from the head unit. From there, the 8 channels are routed to the mid/bass and tweets in each door.

My Basslink has both line-level (RCA) and speaker level inputs. I’d prefer to use the line-level, which I would assume means tapping into the output from the head unit before it gets to the amp. Next is power, which I have a pretty good idea of the path to take – remove the battery, punch out one of the rubber grommets behind it at the firewall before routing cable under the dash and under the driver’s door sill toward the back of the car.

What I’m looking for is any experience you all have had in similar efforts – any gotchas, helpful experience, or info I have wrong. Any reference to wire colors, other helpful posts, tips/tricks or the like is greatly appreciated for a newbie like me.
Posting "Weird Subwoofer Idea" from post #18 re Bass Link maybe this helps?

fosteraa

TDI
2011 Golf
Beginning…

Started reconnaissance for my install this evening, the first step was to uncover the Dynaudio amp under the driver’s seat. It was only necessary to slide the seat all the way back and pop the plastic cover off that covered the amplifier. It turned out to be a Blaupunkt amp, not Dynaudio branded. The Blau part number is 5K0 035 456. Removing the wiring harness didn’t reveal much more about the amp.

On a good guess, I located the head unit output wires on the harness that serve as the low-level inputs to the amp. Ground for each is brown, signal wires are blue, green, yellow and white. I’m only going to use the rears, so I’ll need to strip off some insulation from the yellow and white and splice them into RCAs in the trunk. To strip those wires out, I’ll need to carefully cut away the wrapped covering that covers the entire bundle of wires.
None of the wires on the amp harness appeared to be a remote turn-on, but one was an always-on, so be careful there. I’ll find something under the dash for a remote once I get to that point.

Hopefully I’ll get to work on it this weekend and will post more info and pictures.

fosteraa

TDI
2011 Golf
Yup. Looks like Dynaudio only manufactured the 8 speakers. Now that I have the sub added, the system sounds pretty good.

massivewubby

TDI
2010 GTI APR Stage 2
I just ran into this remote wire mk6 gti issue.

I'm going to run a remote wire from my 12v switched cig outlet in the hatch near the amp install location and call it good. Anybody else do this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk