Anyone install a sigma 6 short shifter on their GSW?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I have installed them on my MKIV's and MKV's and they were great. DSG now so not using one. Great vendor to deal with as well and very well thought out and designed items!

David in Round Rock. I have VCDS if needed for anything.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Hands down, best thing I've done to mine. I did it about 2 years ago I believe. Makes daily driving more fun and one of the better short shifters I've used.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
I removed the one I had on my JSW before I sold it back, and installed it on my Golf the first weekend I had the car. I really like how direct it feels and the shortness of the throws.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Before my JSW went back, my signature file stated (among other things):
Dieselgeek Shortshifter - my favorite mod
Dieselgeek Skid Plate - my smartest mod

Have Fun!

Don

nkgagne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen 6M, 2006 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I had a sigma 5 on the mk4, and I didn’t love everything about it, I have to say. Loved the precision and direct feeling, sure, but the throws were too short for my liking, and the synchros definitely took some inadvertent abuse as a result. I felt like I had to shift “around” the shortness (basically match revs or be extra-gentle). As well, the knob pivot point in the mk4 cabin was sloppy (VW’s, not dg’s fault) and the shorter throws magnified that issue. Now that I have a mk7 and I’m back to stock throws, I’m not itching to put a sigma 6 on as much as I thought I’d be. Now, if I could have the exact same design but with stock throw length, I’d be all over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk