Low power, no smoke, no limp, no codes

Iwcham

Veteran Member
TDI
golf,2003, grey-metalic
Guys I think i figured it out, not 100% sure though. It suddenly dawned on me. Some facts: The car drove well before the manual conversion. The car lost power immediately after the conversion. Maf is fine, no error codes, no boost leaks. I thought the map was bad. We flashed it a proven working map. The car can't hold boost even with that map from a manual 3L that makes 81hp. Why does it not perform with that map? Because that other Lupo had the actuator rod adjusted, unlike mine. Bam.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Iwcham

Veteran Member
TDI
golf,2003, grey-metalic
Guys, the issue solved. I found a good mechanic who obviously knew very well what he was doing. He stripped the rubber insulation from the Ecu plug, didnt even unplug the ecu, clipped the single tiny wire from the whole bunch of wires and that was it... He plugged in the speed sensor, all fine.... But he pointed to one more issue that needs to be addressed immediately, and of which I was aware but didnt know mattered much. ... Namely, he said my ABS didn't work any more and the braking bias is seriously out of whack and can be dangerous because the fluid is first pushed to the rear brakes or so and front incorrectly.... He tried what not to make it work on another Lupo he was working on, but without success.... The suggested course of action is to ditch the Abs module and put the master brake cyllinder from a car that didnt come with ABS... What do you think? Is there really no way to make it work, reestablish the canbus connection? Strangely, the car does NOT throw any ABS related errors. When I unplug.the ABS module, the dash throws the abs and handbrake lights and beeps. When I plug it back in all the lights go out. Everything appears to work when it does not. I tested it in the snow and it definitely doesnt work. I also had a situation when I had to brake sharply at 120km/h. It was very dangerous. The car didnt brake in straight line and i barely kept it on the road...

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
VW started using ABS for brake bias balancing back in the 90's. If the ABS is not working then there is no bias anymore. A non-ABS car probably has that built into the way the master cylinder is built.

Jason