www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old March 18th, 2003, 21:17   #1
Proud2beloud

Default Performance Adaptations

I have been reading the forums for a long time now and have seen all sorts of adaptations you can do with a VAG-COM. I recently purchased a VAG-COM and want to do as many adaptations as possible. I tried searching for a thread describing all the adaptations, but either they were too specific or too general. This is why I'm posting this in the performance section because I only want to get a list of adaptations with desired settings regarding general performance and not a bunch of links please. I read a bunch of threads with people saying that they wished something like this existed so I'm hoping we can make a list here or if someone is feeling really energetic maybe adding a section in the FAQ stating VAG-COM specific adaptations. Thanx for any input
Proud2beloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2003, 10:56   #2
runonbeer
Maintenance EnthusiastVendor

Fuel Economy: amazing/excellent/still pretty good

login using 12233
go to adaptation
go to block 21
enter "make my car fast" in test value.
test
should now read "your car is fast as hell buddy"
save stored value

I'm just kidding if you cant tell.

I second the question though, some good power mod adaptations like specified boost override or somthing like that would be cool.

good question.

{edit: changed you're to your }
runonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2003, 12:29   #3
Davin
Veteran Member

Really the only vagcom adaptation that will help you in terms of power is the Injected Quantity adaptation. Get the I.Q. as low as possible without experiencing the "slow-down shudder". If your pump is set very lean this might get you a couple HP.

But that's about it!
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2003, 13:20   #4
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Injection quantity as noted above (group 1), idle speed (group 2??), intake air quantity - this is the one that affects EGR operation (group 3), are the only ones in the engine controller that are useful. Before you go rummaging around and discover something that you shouldn't be doing, don't ever touch injection timing (group 4).
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote