2010 Golf TDI - Where to find accessories - aux buttons and window wind deflectors

cyberbadger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Manual
I have a 2010 Golf TDI, and I'm looking for a few accessories. A fellow I know said try JC Whittney, that they would have lots of accessories available immediately when the car was available for sale - I think this may not be true for foreign or volkswagens... (maybe true for GM/fords in general...)

First on my list - just in front of the gear shifter there are a line of buttons, all I have is the ESP Off button to temporarily turn off ESP traction control. I would like to add a momentary push button that looks and feels fits just like the ESP off button. I want to add an auxilliary device that just needs a momentary single throw single pole switch that needs to be able to handle 10-20 mA @ the 12-14-ish V range. Should I ask my dealer? eBay? etc?

The other thing I am looking for is a driver side window wind deflector. I like to drive a lot with my window open, but based on my preferred seating adjust for driving (4DR) I end up getting a lot of wind hitting the left side of my head and I tend to arrive at work everyday having a bad hair day (creates a cowlick on the left side of my head).

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
cyberbadger said:
I have a 2010 Golf TDI, and I'm looking for a few accessories. A fellow I know said try JC Whittney, that they would have lots of accessories available immediately when the car was available for sale - I think this may not be true for foreign or volkswagens... (maybe true for GM/fords in general...)

First on my list - just in front of the gear shifter there are a line of buttons, all I have is the ESP Off button to temporarily turn off ESP traction control. I would like to add a momentary push button that looks and feels fits just like the ESP off button. I want to add an auxilliary device that just needs a momentary single throw single pole switch that needs to be able to handle 10-20 mA @ the 12-14-ish V range. Should I ask my dealer? eBay? etc?

The other thing I am looking for is a driver side window wind deflector. I like to drive a lot with my window open, but based on my preferred seating adjust for driving (4DR) I end up getting a lot of wind hitting the left side of my head and I tend to arrive at work everyday having a bad hair day (creates a cowlick on the left side of my head).
Weathertech.com has the best window deflectors......
You can get a Factory "W" switch here.....http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_23_29&products_id=337

Last edited:

cyberbadger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Manual
tomo366 - cool! It appears weathertech has them for the 2010 Golf. $59 for front, $40 for rear, $99 for both. Thanks.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
cyberbadger said:
tomo366 - cool! It appears weathertech has them for the 2010 Golf. $59 for front, $40 for rear, $99 for both. Thanks.
I have them on the front of my 2010 Jetta Sportwagen! the are great!

cyberbadger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Manual
tomo366 - Will the the "W switch" work/fit even though it was for the Mark V? OEMPlus looks good for some other stuff I didn't know I needed. :p

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
cyberbadger said:
tomo366 - Will the the "W switch" work/fit even though it was for the Mark V? OEMPlus looks good for some other stuff I didn't know I needed. :p
Yes, the TPMS switch will work also! I don't know if it will meet your needs though fits perfectly in the row

cyberbadger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Manual
Probably not perfectly. I was looking for a momentary switch, and that looks like a toggle switch (I can't think of the right word right now, but definately not a momentary switch)

But I can probably make due with it.

numl0ck

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
If you're willing to part with some money, check out: http://carstyle4you.com/index.php?cPath=16_22_33_47. I ordered the momentary switch for my garage door which cost $65usd. I haven't received it yet, but it should show up next week. These are the closest to OEM and backlit to match the current styling that I have found.

When I get the switch, I plan on doing a how-to with lots of photos. :)

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
numl0ck said:
If you're willing to part with some money, check out: http://carstyle4you.com/index.php?cPath=16_22_33_47. I ordered the momentary switch for my garage door which cost $65usd. I haven't received it yet, but it should show up next week. These are the closest to OEM and backlit to match the current styling that I have found.
looks cool

cyberbadger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI Manual
numl0ck said:

numl0ck - awesome! I'm going to get this thanks! I'm actually going to add an ooogah horn as a secondary horn. But I don't want it to replace the factory horn. I just wanted it available to inform friends that I have arrived. I think I'm going to go with the "Passenger Eject" button.

numl0ck

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
vw_leadfoot said:
How on earth did you discover this one?
:D A magician never reveals his secrets. :p

Actually, I have to give credit to The Google. I was searching for OEM buttons and I stumbled upon someone's blog who modified a Radio Shack momentary switch to make it fit into the square opening and glued the blank button back on top. It looked good, but it was just a blank button. However, in the comments of his post was a link to that website. I had to think about it for a while before spending $65 on a simple switch, but decided to pull the trigger and see how it went. I received the email today that the switch has been shipped and I can't wait to see what it looks like installed.

Since it's shipping from Austria, I expect it will take a week or so to get here, and then I'll need some time to do the install. But plenty-o-pictures will be posted and I'll review the quality of the product. Also, all the email correspondence is in German, so translate.google.com is your friend.

Enjoy!!

Edit: Oh, if you're looking to save some money there's this website where you can purchase stickers that match the colors and size of the buttons. Scroll down to the bottom look over on the right-hand side: "Toggle Switch Decals". You can order them for the MK6.

Last edited: