09 Wind deflectors

alnmike

Veteran Member
TDI
Im wondering whether or not to buy the sunroof deflector and front window deflector for my Jetta from weathertech.com
Anyone have experience with these products or is it a waste of money?
Im currently sending them an email now asking about their floor liners, since they dont have a manual transmission option.

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I have always put ventshades on my vehicles. Unless you have kids that ride in the rear who crack the windows 1/4", only pay for the set of two for the doors. Also, when you are going over bumps or rough road and the windows are up, such as when you are using A/C, they will creek like plastic is loose in the pillar. Not bad, but with the radio off you can hear it. I do not have a sun roof (cheap and did not want another thing to leak), so I can not help you.

To elaborate on the doors, the front ones work good, but the rear windows open wierd with the "rear" part opening with the top...so the water will not come in the top but on the side! I learned this the hard way when I cracked my rear windows in the winter for my Lab in MN. If you look at your car...you will see. I hope this helped you.

alnmike

Veteran Member
TDI
Excellent, thank you. I think im gonna forgo this expense. Already have enough creaks for a new car, dont think my sanity can hold any more :)

walt_mink

TDI
'09 JSW
alnmike said:
Im currently sending them an email now asking about their floor liners, since they dont have a manual transmission option.
I ordered a set last week. In the past they haven't offered a version for manual transmissions because of "liability." I don't see what danger there is to getting your clutch petal caught in the mat, so I went for it. I'll report back if I end up dead. :)

scatlin

TDI
2009 Jetta
I've always put WeatherTech sun shades on all of my cars. I smoke cigars to and from work and they are excellent for siphoning the thick clouds of smoke from the car quickly. (Cigar smokers generally try NOT to inhale!) The other time they come in handy is when it's raining and you'd like to have the windows cracked. They are easy to install and all but one of mine have lasted the life of the car. (They don't do well when a 100 lb. deer slams into the side of your car when traveling at 45 mph, but I don't hold that against WeatherTech.)

ndmike88

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI
When you install the weathertechs..when you raise up the windows does the window "click" when the window makes contact with the upper part of the shade? I just checked mine and on both front doors the window "clicks" when the window is being fully raised. Can't see where the window is hitting anything. The back windows don't make a sound.

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Yes, an usually my pinch sensor thing (PITA) will kick the window back down. I have to hold the switch all the way up. Guys told me they would mold in...I am still waiting for that to happen. What you are hearing is normal.

Rodya

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI; 2009 VW Rabbit and 2013 VW Golf Gasser
alnmike said:
Im wondering whether or not to buy the sunroof deflector and front window deflector for my Jetta from weathertech.com
Anyone have experience with these products or is it a waste of money?
Check out http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=244402&highlight=Rodya

I installed and love it...