2001 Jetta TDI loaded GLS for sale 5-speed 1-owner since new, high miles, in NH

concours

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.6 Jetta GLS 5 speed 125,000 miles, 2001.5 Jetta GLS 5-speed, Tornado Red, Monsoon w/CD changer
Sold

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

After lots of faithful service, the Jetta I bought new is being replaced (inherited a new one). This was used to commute long distance, droning down the highway. 2001.5 (mid-year they added side curtain airbags, and a few other goodies) Jetta GLS 5-speed, leather interior, cruise control, tilt, power windows/locks, A/C, heated power mirrors, rear defrost, Monsoon 200watt 10 speaker stereo with 6 disc CD changer. 584,000 miles.

The good: Mechanic owned, every recommended maintenance was performed and many that I learned of here at TDIClub. Plus many of my own from years of experience. NO EXPENSE was spared when repairs/maintenance was considered. I have continued to repair/replace/maintain for the LONG RUN. The OEM genuine parts or better were always used. Amsoil 5-40 diesel specific oil. Legendary ALH engine, 02J transmission.

Sirius Satellite radio

HiddenHitch class II receiver hitch, taillight converter

E-code headlights

Euroswitch with functioning foglamps

Non-smoker owned, no foul odors in the interior

Upsolute chip tune

IDParts stainless down pipe

New turbo

A/C blows ice cold

New windshield

New brakes, (rotors, calipers, pads) rears 5K ago, fronts 10K ago

Currently registered. Just passed New Hampshire State Safety Inspection in August. (New England speak: "It's gut a stickah!")

FrostHeater engine heater

Tires are Toyo Extensa with 70% tread left

Bilstein HD struts & shocks

New clutch/flywheel

New injectors

Starts, runs, drives great. I'd take it on a 3,000 mile drive tomorrow. Delivers 50 mpg at 65 mph day after day. 48 mpg at 75.

The bad: Leading edge of hood has blisters (poor prep).

The deal: Cash only. This is a car for an enthusiast with some skills owning and maintaining an older car. If you pay a mechanic every time your car gets a sniffle, it's probably not for you.

Lots of reliable transportation left in this car, for a great price.

If you want to PM me a phone number, I'll call you.

MHT or BOS 40 miles away for fly & drive. New Hampshire Seacoast, 40 miles from Boston.

Figured we'd start here before enduring the madness of Craigslist.

Priced below NADA book value, $4500 B.R.O.
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2001/Volkswagen/JETTA-4-Cyl-5-Spd/Sedan-4D-GLS-TDI/Values

Last edited: