Break-in Oil?

blueVW

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Does anyone know if the 2015 TDI's came from the factory with a special break-in oil? The dealer said they were changing the oil in all the TDI's before delivery, however, they don't know anything about a special oil for the first 10,000 miles.

acrossthepond

Veteran Member
TDI
several now 2016 Mk7 Golf GTD DSG
I believe 'Break in' oils were done away with years ago.

Did they say why they are being required to change the normal factory filled oil at the dealers before customer delivery ?

Sounds like an issue of some kind.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
No special break in oil needed. They are just changing it based on its age. Not really necessary imo, but I wouldn't complain.

wetskier2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone: 05 Jetta GLS Wagon Current: 2015 GSW SEL 6MT
when is the first oil change recommended? I presume the new 2015 has synthetic in it, but I have not RTFM'd yet.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
All VW diesels have run synthetic since at least 2000. That's when I bought my first one. VW suggests oil changes every 10k miles or six months.

acrossthepond

Veteran Member
TDI
several now 2016 Mk7 Golf GTD DSG
The oil change interval for fixed servicing has been 10K miles or one year for the US market (the same as in the most of Europe which is also in Market Group A).
When did VW reduce it to 6 monthly oil changes ?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I was going by memory or habit and thought I'll check my owners manual over lunch but it's now my wife's car.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
There was a post on Myturbodisel about it, and there was a spec oil for it and keep it in for the 10K