windows

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Anybody try any of these suggestions for window control? The driver door keyhole method for lifting/dropping the windows appears gone in the 2015 GSW TDI (kessy). Any way to enable, or better yet activate remote keyfob control for this like you can with 2014?? Anyone try this...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8148

nsocwx

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen S
Anybody try any of these suggestions for window control? The driver door keyhole method for lifting/dropping the windows appears gone in the 2015 GSW TDI (kessy). Any way to enable, or better yet activate remote keyfob control for this like you can with 2014?? Anyone try this...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8148
FWIW if you push and hold the lock 'button' on the drivers door handle it will put the windows up.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
remote down-HOT days and rain

I'll try the door lock method. It's better than being forced to get in the car and start it (kessy) just to open or close all windows!! How primitive. That's just a step backwards for VW.

Nothing like being able to drop the windows while approaching the car on a hot and sunny day. I implemented that coding change on my MK6 TDI SE wagon for remote window control (thank you Corey!).

Also, being able to control them from a distance is really useful when an unexpected rain storm crops up, or after getting out, walking away from the car, and you just left a window or two open.

The auto windows up feature for unexpected rain is just excellent. I want THAT too!

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
I'm pretty sure it can be enabled by VCDS (spelling). Maybe find someone local with one to turn it on for you.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got a HEX-CAN USB connector, and VCDS on my laptop. This is a new car (2015 GSW, DSG, pano, Fender, 17' wheels-sweet), and I haven't even plugged it in yet. I do need to do a scan and save it as a baseline. I just wanted to hear if anyone has tried this mod. This is worth doing.

I will try to find time this weekend.

Last edited:

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
I had it done on my 2001.5 S4. I loved it!! If I can find anyone local to me I'm def gonna try to get it enabled. I'm considering getting a setup like yours just so I can be the local guy to do it ;)

Happy motoring.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I've used this thread for all my tweaks.

I have changed 4 blinks for the convenience turn signals, Keyfob operated windows/sunroof, gauge sweep, oil temp displays on MFD, corrected my average fuel consumption to within +/- 1mpg, the headlights don't "blink" when signaling (they stay on), and turned on the rain activated windows which is the coolest IMO :)

In addition to closing all windows with holding the lock on the driver's or passenger's door handle (w/ Kessy), you can open and close them all by just opening the driver's door and holding just the driver's window switch up or down with the car off.

There are some other features in VCDS I really want to get changed, but there has yet to be published the correct security code for those modules. You can change the freeze warning "on" temps as well as "off" temps. And I know there has to be a way to view the oil level in the MFD! You can read the sensor in VCDS (have to use "advanced measuring blocks" in the newer cars) and it displays the level in millimeters!

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Will the automatic window close in rain work on an S model, does it even have the sensor?

Just learned yesterday the VCDS cable I've had for 10 years doesn't talk with the new car. Thankfully Ross Tech will take it in on trade for a new/updated one at reduced price. Now to decide on the basic corded one or wifi. Being able to use it wirelessly with a phone for basic stuff instead of a laptop sounds attractive. Any recommendations?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Auto close in rain is only possible with auto wipers since they have the rain, light, humidity sensor at the rearview mirror.

If the wifi cable isn't much more, I'd get that personally. If you do any sort of logging, that would be a nice benefit IMO

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Thanks,

The trade in price on the new cable is $150, or for the wifi version $300; a lot more.
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/rethex/
Just being able to leave the thing in the glovebox and check trouble codes anywhere with your phone could be handy. I don't ever take my laptop in the car, so if a CEL light comes on while driving have to get back home to check it out with USB/cable only connection.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
I didn't realize they had a mobile version of VCDS?? I may have to upgrade myself if that's the case!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
I've used this thread for all my tweaks.

I have changed 4 blinks for the convenience turn signals, Keyfob operated windows/sunroof, gauge sweep, oil temp displays on MFD, corrected my average fuel consumption to within +/- 1mpg, the headlights don't "blink" when signaling (they stay on), and turned on the rain activated windows which is the coolest IMO :)

In addition to closing all windows with holding the lock on the driver's or passenger's door handle (w/ Kessy), you can open and close them all by just opening the driver's door and holding just the driver's window switch up or down with the car off.

There are some other features in VCDS I really want to get changed, but there has yet to be published the correct security code for those modules. You can change the freeze warning "on" temps as well as "off" temps. And I know there has to be a way to view the oil level in the MFD! You can read the sensor in VCDS (have to use "advanced measuring blocks" in the newer cars) and it displays the level in millimeters!
These onboard/activatable capabilities distinguish VW from other car manufacturers. It is a major advantage for me. Really cool!

I activated the remote all window open/close control (and sunroof pop-up/down). Who needs the driver door keyhole window control now!

This is SO "VW". It really begs the question... Why do we have to do this ourselves? Features suppressed? Maybe the answer is...ONLY available to real VW enthusiasts! The Elite :)

Then I noticed the subtle lights in the doors of the Sportwagen at night. Awesome!

This 2015 TDI Sportwagen has SO much more than the nice 2017 Passat I gave up. Wow.

I agree the auto close rain sensor is near top of list. Will do. Can't wait to see the look on my face when it works! Hope my jaw does not break when it drops!

Last edited: