High mileage EA288's ?

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
Who is driving alot racking up the miles? any issues along the way?

Black Stick

TDI
Trend line
I have 118,000 miles (190,000 kilometres). 6 speed manual. No major issues Great car so far. I intend to run it on until the end of buyback period here in Canada. Hope they are selling new diesels by then.

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
Bought mine used in 2015, I put about 25K miles on it, so its not exactly high mileage, but really nothing significant at all.

Water pump did spring leak literally a week after I purchased it but dealer replaced it under warranty. There must have been a bad batch of pumps or something. No problems since.

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Picked mine up used at the end of December 2015 with 9,000 miles on it. Since then I have a little over 42,000 on it. No issues so far. No problems or surprises. All I've had to to is the oil and filter changes as well as the DSG service at 40K.

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
I have 50k and I have had only one minor A/C issue.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
60k here, and just a failed driver's window motor. Can be reset to continue working, but will fault again soon after. Have the new motor, and it's a breeze to install compared to a MK4 (no cables to mess with), just haven't bothered with it since it's pretty easy to reset. When it does fault though, you'll have no convenience window opening/closing features available until it's reset.

BartongTDI

TDI
VW Golf MKVII 2015
54000 miles. Recently had a strange error message popping up. Something along the lines of "Error: service only leave car in P". It would pop up and disappear quicker than I could read it. Took it to dealership and was told I'm out of warranty. Luckily I had bought one of those extended warranties from Allstate. They covered the $1200 repair for a $100 deductible. They replaced the shifter assembly. They told me it had something to do with the position sensor.

Otherwise it has been a great car.

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
How much is the Allstate compared to VW extended?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
54000 miles. Recently had a strange error message popping up. Something along the lines of "Error: service only leave car in P". It would pop up and disappear quicker than I could read it. Took it to dealership and was told I'm out of warranty. Luckily I had bought one of those extended warranties from Allstate. They covered the $1200 repair for a $100 deductible. They replaced the shifter assembly. They told me it had something to do with the position sensor.
Otherwise it has been a great car.
Is the shifter not part of the transmission, which is part of the drivetrain, which is under warranty through 60k miles? Think you need to find a different dealer if they don't want to do warranty work.