FS 1999 New Beetle TDI 5 speed in WNC

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
As stated, the car has 169k miles, 5 speed, clean title.

Within the past year the car had new brakes (front and back), injection pump has been resealed, new camshaft and lifters, new oil pan, new driver's window regulator, control arms, 35% window film, glow plug harness, good Michelin tires.

The car has a cracked fender and the clear coat on the rear bumper is peeling off. The headliner is saggy and the microswitches on both door latches are acting up. The MAF just recently went out and the hose from vacuum pump to booster will need to be replaced. The AC doesn't work and the parking brake doesn't work properly.

The car is located in Asheville, NC.

Asking $2,450 firm.

I can also be reached at volk.14@hotmail.com

Link to CL add: http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5748650554.html

Last edited:

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
Bringing this back.

I ended up buying this car from my friend. I drive it often but don't need the car.

The car now has 169k miles. The MAF sensor just went out last week but it's still drivable.

Asking $2,450 as-is.

Pics will be posted soon.

Last edited:

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Sounds like a great little car!

Try posting the pictures on this site as the craigslist ads disappear and there is little info to look at.

Info and pictures will help you move this along...

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
Last bump before either gets parted out or modified Baja style :)

The car just hit 170k.

My CL add expired but will try to upload a few pics of the car soon.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
Willing to part it out now but need to sell the long block first, or come and drive it home.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
I've daily driving it for a week now. Come with $2,200 cash by Saturday 13th and enjoy it yourself :)

StlJimmy

TDI
99.5 Jetta
Do you have the coolant coupler (one line goes to egr, top left location) that has the coolant temp sensor built in? ISO that and the pigtail that goes to the sensor

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have the coolant coupler (one line goes to egr, top left location) that has the coolant temp sensor built in? ISO that and the pigtail that goes to the sensor
I should have it, I'll take a look in the box. Do you happen to have the part number of it?